• Cano To A-Rod: Take Your Stinkin’ Paws Off Me

Posted by on June 18th, 2012 · Comments (10)

Any idea what this is all about?

Comments on Cano To A-Rod: Take Your Stinkin’ Paws Off Me

June 18th, 2012 | 2:33 pm

I was wondering about that myself. Very odd reaction

2. June 18th, 2012 | 3:45 pm

Clearly, via the body language, it was a “Get your f’ing hands off me!” move by Cano. A-Rod must have done something, somewhere, to piss him off.

3. Corey
      June 18th, 2012 | 4:08 pm

@ Steve L.:
      Or it could just be A-Rod busting his balls about something completely unrelated. We’ll never know.

4. June 18th, 2012 | 4:55 pm

Whatever it was, Cano was not happy.

I can’t ever remembering seeing a player react to a teammate like that, on the field, on camera, after a win.

June 18th, 2012 | 5:56 pm

I guess the media didn’t pick up on it? I didn’t see the postgame report

6. redbug
      June 18th, 2012 | 6:16 pm

Going to have to watch them from now on.

7. LMJ229
      June 18th, 2012 | 9:32 pm

When I first saw that live I thought, “Wow, what is going on there?” but if you watch them all the way to the dugout you will see them talking and kidding with each other so my guess is that A-Rod said something to Cano that elicited that initial reaction but in the end it was no big deal.

8. LMJ229
      June 18th, 2012 | 10:02 pm

Speaking of A-Rod, it just kills me that we have 5 more years left of this guy who will be eating up a significant portion of our payroll. Thank you Hank and Hal Steinbrenner. What idiots. I just hope his albatross of a contract doesn’t keep us from being able to sign guys like Cano and Granderson. That would be the real kicker.

9. June 18th, 2012 | 10:25 pm

LMJ229 wrote:

Thanks. I only saw the clip. This helps.

10. MJ Recanati
      June 19th, 2012 | 9:15 am

LMJ229 wrote:

It’s not as simple as that. Had the CBA landscape not changed significantly then the Yankees would’ve been able to keep Cano and Granderson because there wouldn’t have been a clear incentive to keep payroll below $189M going into the 2014 season.

Moreover, you can’t simply pin things on Rodriguez. Teixeira, Sabathia, Jeter (and Rivera) all make $15M or more. If the Yankees decide that they can’t keep Cano or Granderson (or both), it won’t be because of any one player or any one contract but because of a collection of players and contracts.