• Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Name the Team Contest

    Posted by on June 28th, 2012 · Comments (6)

    Good luck!

    Comments on Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Name the Team Contest

    1. MJ Recanati
      June 28th, 2012 | 12:10 pm

      Why are they no longer going to be called the SWB Yankees? I would think that the name recognition and team affiliation would be beneficial to the ballclub. Seems like an odd choice to me, unless that part of PA is so deeply pro-Phillies that the name “Yankees” actually hurts marketing efforts.

      If the latter is true then I guess I don’t see how any different team name would change anything since the team will still be affiliated with the Yankees.

    2. June 28th, 2012 | 12:21 pm

      @ MJ Recanati:
      I while back ago, the Yankees told them not to use the name. I think I posted on that?

    3. June 28th, 2012 | 1:16 pm
    4. MJ Recanati
      June 28th, 2012 | 1:37 pm

      Steve L. wrote:

      I while back ago, the Yankees told them not to use the name. I think I posted on that?

      Yep. I still don’t get the Yankees’ motivation here. Seems like a terrible business decision to me…unless they don’t plan on maintaining the affiliation with SWB for much longer.

    5. Corey
      June 28th, 2012 | 6:05 pm

      MJ Recanati wrote:

      Yep. I still don’t get the Yankees’ motivation here. Seems like a terrible business decision to me…unless they don’t plan on maintaining the affiliation with SWB for much longer.

      I remember reading somehwere that the Yanks are footing the bill for the stadium. If that;s the case, I don’t see them moving anytime soon.

    6. MJ Recanati
      June 29th, 2012 | 9:36 am

      Corey wrote:

      I remember reading somehwere that the Yanks are footing the bill for the stadium. If that;s the case, I don’t see them moving anytime soon.

      If true then the decision to de-link the name brand from the team is idiotic.

    Leave a reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.