• No Bay Area Love For The Lish

Posted by on July 20th, 2012 · Comments (6)

Via CSN Bay Area -

It’s amazing what pinstripes will do to a player.

Nick Swisher, beloved for his Type-A personality in four years with the A’s, was booed every time he stepped to the plate in Thursday’s 4-3 win over the Yankees.

“I’ve never been booed this much in my life,” Swisher said, visibly bothered. “That’s all I really got to say about that.”

But it wasn’t.

“You boo Chavvy. You boo me. For what?” he added.

So, would he admit he was upset with A’s fans after their performance Thursday?

“No,” Swisher said. “I just don’t care,” his tone and demeanor belying the words coming out of his mouth.

Swisher’s outburst seemed unprecedented in the quiet Yankees dugout, as if he wanted to send a message. “Don’t forget.”

I seem to recall Jason Giambi getting the same treatment. In defense of Swisher – and I cannot believe that I just typed those words – he was traded away from the team with years left on his contract. It’s not his fault that he left the franchise. But, I guess the fans don’t care how and why he left…and just see him as being a Yankee now.

Comments on No Bay Area Love For The Lish

1. clintfsu813
      July 20th, 2012 | 8:18 am

Reason # 842 why I’m glad to be a Yanks fan.

2. MJ Recanati
      July 20th, 2012 | 8:31 am

I didn’t watch the game last night. They booed Eric Chavez? Seriously? Oakland fans appear to be as brain-dead as Royals fans because I can’t think of a guy that was more of an Oakland Athletic than Chavez. He was their team.

3. clintfsu813
      July 20th, 2012 | 8:55 am

@ MJ Recanati:
      My point exactly.

4. July 20th, 2012 | 8:55 am

Oakland fans are harsh. Just ask anyone who has ever played the Raiders.

5. #15
      July 20th, 2012 | 10:10 am

Just take 3 of 4 and send these guys home to their bleak lives in Detroit By The Bay. We’ll have the last laugh.

6. Garcia
      July 20th, 2012 | 10:26 am

They have every right to boo. They paid for their ticket, if they want to be miserable effers then fine. Waaaaaaaa!!!! The Oakland fans don’t appreciate me. Waaaaaaaa!!!! They booed Chavvy. How dare they!!!!

Get over it, Swish. Some people boo, some people cheer, you can’t expect to ALWAYS be a darling. The way you get back at them IS by hitting 9th inning homeruns.

I’ve had to spend a lot of time in the bay area for work, I’ve seen the Yanks play there, saw them play against the Giants, and against Oakland. I was there the week leading up to the NFC championship game between the 49ers and Giants, as well as the week after. BEST. WEEK. EVER. Anyhow, I think they are all a bunch of angry effers. There might be something in the sushi over there because I’ve never seen a bunch of happy go lucky folks turn into a bunch of pitbulls so quickly.