• Yankees & A’s In Their Last 14 Games

    Posted by on July 21st, 2012 · Comments (9)

    In their last 14 games, including last night, the Oakland A’s are 12-2.

    In their last 14 games, including last night, the New York Yankees are 9-5.

    It’s not a reach to say that the A’s are “hotter” than the Yankees right now.

    The next two games, including today, between these two teams should be fun.

    Comments on Yankees & A’s In Their Last 14 Games

    1. LMJ229
      July 21st, 2012 | 11:46 pm

      I guess we’re due to lose 1-0 tomorrow …

    2. Evan3457
      July 22nd, 2012 | 12:00 am

      Yes, the A’s are hot, but it goes back further than that.

      They were 20-9 in their last 29 before this series, and are now 23-9.

    3. July 22nd, 2012 | 8:04 am

      Yankees have to win on Sunday, right?

      They have their ace going. Plus, A-Rod owns Bartolo.

      Plus, you have the law of averages working in their favor.

      That said, I suspect that this series may be a preview of what we will see in Yankeeland this October when the Yankees play a team with a good rotation in a park other than Yankee Stadium.

    4. The Sandman
      July 22nd, 2012 | 11:03 am

      Why is this series the one that defines how the yanks will play in Oct? Why not the series 5/25 – 5/27 when the Yankees swept the A’s in Oakland or any of the other many series the Yanks won on the road? Wait, I know why because the Yanks lost this series (by one run per game) therefore that proves your point that the Yankees suck and will flame out in Oct. Great point as usual.@ Steve L.:

    5. Evan3457
      July 22nd, 2012 | 1:05 pm

      Steve L. wrote:

      That said, I suspect that this series may be a preview of what we will see in Yankeeland this October when the Yankees play a team with a good rotation in a park other than Yankee Stadium.

      I don’t think the Yanks will face three pitchers they’ve never seen before in three straight road games, Steve. Other than that, good analogy.

      Oh, and the Yanks do get to play half the games in Yankee Stadium. More than half, if they secure homefield in the 1st two rounds.

    6. LMJ229
      July 22nd, 2012 | 2:09 pm

      Evan3457 wrote:

      I don’t think the Yanks will face three pitchers they’ve never seen before in three straight road games, Steve.

      Well let’s hope not. I’m always telling my husband if you want to beat the Yankees just throw rookies at them.

    7. July 22nd, 2012 | 8:00 pm

      The Sandman wrote:

      Why is this series the one that defines how the yanks will play in Oct? Why not the series 5/25 – 5/27 when the Yankees swept the A’s in Oakland or any of the other many series the Yanks won on the road? Wait, I know why because the Yanks lost this series (by one run per game) therefore that proves your point that the Yankees suck and will flame out in Oct. Great point as usual.@ Steve L.:

      How many of the A’s in this series were not on the active 25 man roster when the two teams played in May? Which players were they? That’s the difference. And, this new and improved A’s just took the Yankees to school for 4 days.

    8. Evan3457
      July 23rd, 2012 | 5:42 am

      Steve L. wrote:

      The Sandman wrote:
      Why is this series the one that defines how the yanks will play in Oct? Why not the series 5/25 – 5/27 when the Yankees swept the A’s in Oakland or any of the other many series the Yanks won on the road? Wait, I know why because the Yanks lost this series (by one run per game) therefore that proves your point that the Yankees suck and will flame out in Oct. Great point as usual.@ Steve L.:
      How many of the A’s in this series were not on the active 25 man roster when the two teams played in May? Which players were they? That’s the difference. And, this new and improved A’s just took the Yankees to school for 4 days.

      They took them to school? They won four 1-run games. The 1976 Reds took the 1976 Yankees to school.

    9. MJ Recanati
      July 23rd, 2012 | 8:05 am

      Evan3457 wrote:

      They took them to school? They won four 1-run games. The 1976 Reds took the 1976 Yankees to school.

      Of course, but in the world where Steve lives in, every loss is a schooling and every win is discounted by half based upon a set of criteria that can be pinned down about as easily as chicken being chased in an open field.

    Leave a reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.