• Zack Greinke Will Be Traded

Posted by on July 26th, 2012 · Comments (7)

Source.

The Rangers have to be the favorite to land him, no?

Comments on Zack Greinke Will Be Traded

1. Evan3457
      July 26th, 2012 | 2:46 pm

They have the need, and the farm, to land him.

The Yanks ain’t the favorites, that’s for sure.

2. MJ Recanati
      July 26th, 2012 | 3:01 pm

Evan3457 wrote:

They have the need, and the farm, to land him.

Agreed. It’ll be interesting to see how much Texas has to pay for only two months of Greinke. One elite prospect? One elite prospect and one (or more) org. guys?

The Sabathia precedent was for one elite prospect (even if we can debate how elite Matt LaPorta was at the time he was traded).

Nevertheless, the Rangers have three of the very best prospects in baseball (Olt, Profar, Perez) so they can certainly swing the deal with Milwaukee. Moreover, they have the cash to keep Greinke in Texas after this winter if he should choose to stay there.

3. JeremyM
      July 26th, 2012 | 3:52 pm

They can have him, he’s a basket-case.

4. MJ Recanati
      July 26th, 2012 | 5:19 pm

JeremyM wrote:

They can have him, he’s a basket-case.

That’s certainly the narrative but I don’t see why a legitimate issue that he dealt with in 2006 or 2007 must mean that he’s presently battling the same issue.

5. JeremyM
      July 27th, 2012 | 6:52 pm

I guess I should add I have some “insider info” so to speak on the guy and he is not, in any way, shape, or form, cut out for the Yankees. As far as verifiable info, this is a guy who won the Cy Young and his reaction was “oh no, I hope this doesn’t mean people will bother me.”

6. MJ Recanati
      July 27th, 2012 | 8:40 pm

Greinke traded to Angels for SS Jean Segura and two RHP from AA (John Hellweg and Ariel Pena).

Angels are gearing up for the World Series (and trying to mitigate the fact that Danny Haren has gone to shit). For a two-month rental, that’s a decent deal for both sides.

July 27th, 2012 | 10:27 pm

JeremyM wrote:

Meh… All types have succeeded and failed in NY. You can be as engaged or disengaged as you want. I don’t believe for one second it takes a certain type to play in NY.