• The Suite Life

Posted by on August 4th, 2012 · Comments (6)

My 10-year old daughter and I were at the Yankees game last night – watching it from a Game/Party Suite.

First, yes, it was obscenely nice. Being there, I really felt like Billy Ray Valentine when he was first being told that Louis Winthorpe’s home was now his place.

But, what struck me the most was the customer service level from the staff working both inside the suite and those outside the suite, at the will call reception desk, the elevator, etc. It was five-star hotel level. Maybe more…

The suite staff treated you like what you would expect from high-end reception hall personnel at a wedding – when you were the bride or groom. No lie: I could not imagine them being any more professional or nicer.

My daughter had so much fun…she told me that she never wanted to leave.

Of course, for me, again, it was like Ponyboy Curtis taking a walk with Cherry Valance. It was thrillingly awkward. But, I am so glad that I was invited to attend the suite, experience it for the first time, and treat my daughter to it as well.

Comments on The Suite Life

1. Corey
      August 4th, 2012 | 9:49 am

—————————-
      Wait till you sit in the Legends seats. You’ll forget where you are for a minute.

2. August 4th, 2012 | 1:01 pm

@ Corey:
      Yeah, someone told me that last night. “If you think this is nice, you will have your MIND BLOWN when you sit in the Legends seats.”

3. Evan3457
      August 4th, 2012 | 9:50 pm

I’m going to buy a Legends suite ticket, assuming the economy doesn’t completely fall apart, the next home game after the day I retire from teaching in NYC. Looking on or about June 29, 2015.

Just once. Just to experience it once.

I imagine I’ll have that same “pig in a tuxedo” feeling you had, Steve.
      And I’ll, uh, wallow in it, for lack of a better phrase.

4. Corey
      August 4th, 2012 | 11:40 pm

@ Evan3457:
      Do it. I had a blast.

5. Evan3457
      August 5th, 2012 | 10:40 am

Corey wrote:

@ Evan3457:
      Do it. I had a blast.

I actually had a Lengends Seats ticket to a game in the 2009 World Series.
      Unfortunately, it was game 7.

Or fortunately, depending how you look at it, because I had a much less valuable ticket for game 6.

6. Corey
      August 5th, 2012 | 9:11 pm

Evan3457 wrote:

Corey wrote:
      @ Evan3457:
      Do it. I had a blast.
      I actually had a Lengends Seats ticket to a game in the 2009 World Series.
      Unfortunately, it was game 7.

If you’re ever in that position again with world series legends suite tickets, flip the legends seats tickets and buy 2 during the regular season. There’s so much to the experience that you don’t want to lose the game in it. There’s just too many distractions.