• Where I’ve Been…What I Miss?

Posted by on August 29th, 2012 · Comments (11)

The last five days have been a blur for me.

On Saturday morning, my family left for a small vacation down in Baltimore. We arrived there at lunch-time on Saturday and left on Monday around 10:30 PM.

We did not get back home until 2 AM on Tuesday.

Later that day, we took the kids to the American Idol concert at the Prudential Center and didn’t get home until around 11 PM.

We were super busy down in Baltimore and I didn’t get much sleep. And, Tuesday, between getting home at 2 AM and then being out later that night until 11 PM, I emptied my tank.

This morning, I slept until 10 AM – and I cannot remember the last time I was not up before 8 AM.  Man, I was tired.  But, after that long sleep, we were back at it.  And, this afternoon, we finally went to see The Dark Knight Rises – and then went out to dinner.

It’s 8 PM on Wednesday as I write this – and I have basically not been around “here” much since last Friday night. And, it seems longer than that…

Anyway, I see that the Yankees lost today and have now lost 8 of their last 13 games. And, they came damn close to getting swept by the Jays. Yikes!

Did you know that, since July 19th, the Yankees are 18-21 (in their last 39 games)? It’s true.

That’s not getting the job done.

Man, the next 22 games are going to be interesting.  Looks like I got back and plugged in just in time…

Comments on Where I’ve Been…What I Miss?

1. LMJ229
      August 29th, 2012 | 10:01 pm

How can we consider this team to be a serious WS contender when they go 3-3 against the Indians and the Blue Jays? The Indians lost 8 straight games before they played us and the Jays had lost 7 straight. Ridiculous.

2. LMJ229
      August 29th, 2012 | 10:02 pm

By the way Steve, welcome back!

3. August 29th, 2012 | 10:13 pm

LMJ229 wrote:

By the way Steve, welcome back!

Thanks. I won’t be around all that much tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. But, I will be back in the swing of things on Sunday.

All – Feel free to use the comments sections to discuss any baseball stuff you want to throw in there.

I have another post chron’ed to publish tomorrow AM. Not sure what I will post after that between now and Saturday night.

4. Evan3457
      August 30th, 2012 | 3:34 am

I agree. Welcome back.

I also agree with everything in the post about the way the Yanks are playing right now. Disappointing, to say the least.

5. JeremyM
      August 30th, 2012 | 7:56 am

3 for 17 yesterday with RISP, including many opportunities with runners on third and 0 or 1 out. Two leads blown by their “ace.” A bullpen that doesn’t pour gasoline on fires, it pours rocket fuel on them.

I don’t see any way they maintain the division lead at this point.

6. #15
      August 30th, 2012 | 12:46 pm

Where to start…. Sloppy play (letting that run score from third base on a tapper to third in extra innings was unforgivable), lossing Tex’s bat and glove, Granderson largely being on vacation at the plate, Soriano and CC giving up big dingers,…. just a horrible stretch.

Showalter is probably the manager of the year by a large margin. Yanks better stiffen up and do it quickly.

7. redbug
      August 30th, 2012 | 6:37 pm

You’re missing poor play and I’ve been missing you.

8. August 30th, 2012 | 7:44 pm

@ redbug:
      LOL. Thanks!

We spent today at the bench and then my son had a practice for his travel baseball team. We just got back. And, that’s the end of my vacation.

Back to work tomorrow. So, I should be around more now…

I did chron-job a couple of posts for today. And, I may do so more over the weekend.

Really looking forward to the O’s series. Should be great games.

9. LMJ229
      August 30th, 2012 | 9:46 pm

JeremyM wrote:

I don’t see any way they maintain the division lead at this point.

Neither do I the way they are playing right now. And I really thought our BA w/ RISP would improve dramatically in the second half (you know the old what goes around comes around cliche) but apparently it hasn’t. Very frustrating.

August 31st, 2012 | 12:19 am

Welcome back, Steve!

August 31st, 2012 | 12:20 am

#15 wrote:

Yeah, that was an inexperience play there. Fake the throw, hope to catch the runner off 3rd. Of course, it was inexperience that led to the runner being at 3rd in the first place…