• Every Time A Guy Name Roberts Steals A Base Against The Yankees Late In A Game, I Die A Little

Posted by on September 3rd, 2012 · Comments (14)

Seriously.

Comments on Every Time A Guy Name Roberts Steals A Base Against The Yankees Late In A Game, I Die A Little

1. September 3rd, 2012 | 4:18 pm

And, you just knew that Granderson was going to strikeout. What a waste.

2. JeremyM
      September 3rd, 2012 | 4:20 pm

Another blown lead by Sabathia too. I realize overall it was a good start and they should’ve won, but it’s getting a little old.

3. September 3rd, 2012 | 4:42 pm

The worst part in all this?

If they choke it up this year, too many Yankees fans and the front office will say “We had more than our share of injuries!” and use that as an excuse.

And, then, next year, it will be the same team again, and they’ll just be another year older, another year more brittle and less athletic.

This could be the beginning of a bad period in Yankees history.

4. 77yankees
      September 3rd, 2012 | 6:25 pm

Steve L. wrote:

And, you just knew that Granderson was going to strikeout. What a waste.

Yep.

Steve L. wrote:

I don’t think smart Yankee fans will say that.

5. JeremyM
      September 3rd, 2012 | 7:03 pm

They’ve had their injuries (and who hasn’t?) but it runs much deeper than that.

6. September 3rd, 2012 | 7:57 pm

@ JeremyM:
      True.

I saw a great line regarding this at BBTF: The Orioles have had to replace FOUR fifths of their opening day rotation, and their starting left fielder and third baseman…

September 3rd, 2012 | 10:08 pm

Steve L. wrote:

@ JeremyM:
      True.

Right, and they have a pythag W-L record of 63-70. Their record is due to a 24-6 record in one run games.

September 3rd, 2012 | 10:10 pm

I was in Binghamton, where the signal faded in and out. I did manage to hear the end of the game, though. Was the grounder just out of Cano’s reach?

The Rays are a pesky team, I tell ya. I knew Girardi wanted to win this game; he went with Robertson in the 8th in a tie game.

9. Evan3457
      September 3rd, 2012 | 10:40 pm

Steve L. wrote:

@ JeremyM:
      True.

True, but except for Hammel, 4/5 of their rotation stunk, and replacing them was an IMPROVEMENT. Betemit was mediocre and they happened to have the #2 pick in the draft handy to replace him.

10. LMJ229
      September 3rd, 2012 | 10:55 pm

NO ONE is stepping up to help this team win a game right now. With all the injuries on offense we needed our pitching staff to step up for us. They haven’t. Not Sabathia, not Kuroda, not Hughes. And NO ONE is hot on offense right now. If it keeps going like this we’re done. SOMEONE has to find a way to win a game for us. It’s really shocking how bad we are right now.

11. September 3rd, 2012 | 11:10 pm

A-Rod to the rescue?

12. LMJ229
      September 3rd, 2012 | 11:25 pm

Steve L. wrote:

A-Rod to the rescue?

I think we need alot more than A-Rod right now. And everybody knows that A-Rod isn’t about to rescue this team anyway.

13. September 4th, 2012 | 6:08 am

Yeah, I was only teasing with that one.

September 4th, 2012 | 7:13 am

Steve L. wrote:

Yeah, I was only teasing with that one.

I don’t think the local rags were teasing…