• Chad Jenkins

Posted by on September 28th, 2012 · Comments (13)

He was taken 5 picks ahead of Mike Trout in 2009.

I’m just saying…

Comments on Chad Jenkins

1. FakeGeneMichaels
      September 28th, 2012 | 12:52 pm

What’s funny about this Steve, Trout is local boy from NJ.. Right in the Yankees and Mets backyard.. What was it one scout from a ML team said about him?..

‘He plays on the east coast and doesnt have enough seasoning under his belt to be drafted high!” If drafting was an exact science, I am sure ML BB teams would pour millions into it. Sometimes you get it right and sometimes you get it wrong. but then again didnt the Angels fire the scout who foud Trout? What does that say?.

2. September 28th, 2012 | 1:20 pm
    3. FakeGeneMichaels
      September 28th, 2012 | 1:33 pm

Steve L. wrote:

It says the Tigers were smart to grab him.

Not that I have any issue with Detroit, but why would anyone go work for them?.. I mean he could have stood with a West coast team.. I am sure the Padres, Giants, Dodgers and A’s all must of been bidding for his service. I guess it must of come down to the $$ and if that is the reason, where were the Yankees and Mets? We may never find out, but Detroit got themselves one hell of a scout!

4. Corey
      September 28th, 2012 | 5:51 pm

I do want to point out that it has been reported that the Yanks were ready to take Trout, but never had the chance.

5. September 28th, 2012 | 6:26 pm

Corey wrote:

I’ve see that report: http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-07-15/news/32687882_1_slade-heathcott-damon-oppenheimer-mike-trout#ixzz20oEM0VEq

And, I think it’s Yankees Front Office Propaganda.

6. FakeGeneMichaels
      September 28th, 2012 | 6:57 pm

One has to wonder, if the yankees did have the chance to Draft Trout, would he still be in the minors?..Given the history of the yankees, how often do they really allow their kids as young as Trout become part of the roster.. Its all second guessing at this point, but we have a kid named Austin Taylor who some say is a another Kevin McReynolds with a bit more speed.. I dont see the Yankees looking to bring him up anytime soon and he is 20 years old…

7. Evan3457
      September 29th, 2012 | 12:19 am

The Jays could’ve drafted Trout, and didn’t?

I blame Brian Cashman.

8. KPOcala
      September 29th, 2012 | 12:35 am

What team in baseball hasn’t passed on an opportunity to draft a future HOF’er or trade for one, and picked Jeff Burroughs instead? And didn’t it look like for few years that he’d be “The next Killebrew”? And as great a rookie season that Trout has had, lot’s of things happen before the HOF. And that’s not wishing for anything but the best for him….

September 29th, 2012 | 8:07 am

FakeGeneMichaels wrote:

Not that I have any issue with Detroit, but why would anyone go work for them?

I would imagine if you were to be drafted by a MLB team, you wouldn’t care where or who it was. Heck, he may not even make it to the parent club.

September 29th, 2012 | 8:09 am

FakeGeneMichaels wrote:

Not often, and it’s less often that they stick.

11. FakeGeneMichaels
      September 29th, 2012 | 9:27 am

Raf wrote:

HUH?.. Raf I was referring to the scout that got fired by the Angels and now is working for the Tigers..I was questioning why work for the Tigers when teams like the Pads, Giants, A’s and Dodgers are on the west coast.. Seems odd that you take a job position in the Northern U.S. when you have so many available teams on the West coast to chose from.
      I remember as kid growing up in the 60′s and watching Mantle play how awesome it would be to play for the Yankees. Then Geroge took over and had a change of heart. If you ever played for the Yankees, the only way that was going to happen was to be a superstar and hit the FA market. They simply dont promote from within.. And if they do, as one scout in ML baseball said, you better be exceptional to come thru the Yankee system to make it to the bronx..I think if the Yankees had Trout in their system he still be in the minors and Nunez would be playing in September :(

September 29th, 2012 | 9:47 am

FakeGeneMichaels wrote:

Doh!

How is the Tigers system? It could be an opportunity to build from the ground up? Maybe more control? Maybe he gets to work remotely? Maybe it’s a better fit professionally?

13. FakeGeneMichaels
      September 29th, 2012 | 10:03 am

Raf wrote:

There can be a thousand reasons why.. I have no idea, but last I looked, when did the Pads, Dodgers, or A’s win with their farm system?.. Tiger’s manage to kick our buts last year and from what I’ve seen in terms of their ability to go out and get the missing pieces to contend each year, they do a DAMMM good job of it..

The point I am trying to make here, the Halos are on the west coast, what better way to stick it to a team that fired you then to work for a rival team in your area and find the next Mike Trout or Trumbo :)!