• Yankees-Orioles In For A Long Night In ALDS Game 2?

Posted by on October 8th, 2012 · Comments (9)

Forecast for Baltimore, at 7 PM tonight, is a 64% chance of rain.

And, it only drops down to 40% around 8 PM.

Considering how long fans had to wait for the start of the game last night, I could see MLB doing a late start again today.

Comments on Yankees-Orioles In For A Long Night In ALDS Game 2?

1. MJ Recanati
      October 8th, 2012 | 2:38 pm

It’s funny how, almost on cue, the weather on the I-95 corridor goes from lovely to completely rotten as soon as the MLB playoffs begin. Last weekend would’ve been a fine time to start the playoffs in New York/Baltimore/Washington. Now all three cities are covered in rain clouds.

2. 77yankees
      October 8th, 2012 | 2:46 pm

Thanks, Bud.

3. MJ Recanati
      October 8th, 2012 | 3:18 pm

77yankees wrote:

October’s routinely become the month I can count on going to bed @ 12:30 am or later half the month.Even when a game ends “early” like say…..11:30, I’m so wound up I can’t get to sleep.Thanks, Bud.

All true. I didn’t fall asleep until 1 a.m. last night (or this morning, to be precise) because of all the baseball last night.

I realize that TV networks want to maximize the number of eyeballs on the games but, really, throw us a bone here.

4. October 8th, 2012 | 3:56 pm

At least we’re adults and can take the arrow and walk around like sleep-deprived zombies when our team is in the playoffs. Kids, on the other hand, get totally screwed and miss most of the game, when it starts at 8 PM or later – esp. on a weeknight.

It sucks when you’re 8, and have lived and died with the team all year, and, then, come October, when it matters the most, you’re reduced to finding out what happened the next morning.

5. 77yankees
      October 8th, 2012 | 4:56 pm

Funny there is a Jet game tonight, because in 2000 I slept through the Monday Night miracle comeback vs. Miami, maybe the greatest Monday Night Football game ever, because it was an off day for the Yanks during the ALCS vs. Seattle, and I chose the opportunity to use it to catch up on my sleep.

But that’s ok, I’m a Giants fan anyway. :-)

6. MJ Recanati
      October 8th, 2012 | 5:01 pm

77yankees wrote:

I’m a Giants fan anyway.

As am I, which is why I’m thrilled there’s a Yankees game on tonight, so that I’m spared the horror of having to watch the Jets continue to set back NFL offense by about 60 years.

7. redbug
      October 8th, 2012 | 5:54 pm

I was so happy the game was supposed to start at 6:30 last night…I’d actually be awake till the end. Usually they have the Yanks in prime time, meaning an 8:15 or so start. I never make it till the end.

Last night I actually got lucky in that I fell asleep waiting for the game to start and didn’t wake up till the 7th. I made it through the end!

I agree w/ Steve. Kids (and some of us adults) never get to see the big games. What a shame.

8. nwyank
      October 8th, 2012 | 7:08 pm

Ah yes, another great thing about living on the west coast: all games start early. Like 4 or 5 PM.
      I remember staying up late when living on the east coast. Don’t miss it, truthfully.
      Still think that all new stadiums should have retractable roofs, a la Safeco (it rains just as much in NYC as Seattle). But I fear that I’m in the minority.

9. October 8th, 2012 | 9:10 pm

@ nwyank:
      Agreed, 100% on he retractable roofs – esp. given the price of tickets today. For that $, you should be assured that the game you are going to see will be played, on time, and not in rain or cold. Plus, you should be protected from having to pay for gas, tolls, or other travel, and parking, and for food, and then have the game cancelled where you have to do it all over again – duping the cost. Retractable roofs prevent against all that bad stuff.