• Yanks-O’s, Game 2, 2012 ALDS

Posted by on October 8th, 2012 · Comments (13)

Feel free to use this entry as a place for you to share your opinions, observations, complaints, rooting, and other sundry comments with fellow fans during the playing of the Yankees game this evening.

Comments on Yanks-O’s, Game 2, 2012 ALDS

1. LMJ229
      October 8th, 2012 | 11:23 pm

A-Rod, Swisher and Granderson are killing us.

2. EHawk
      October 8th, 2012 | 11:28 pm

Again no hits with Runners on base….had so many chances to bust this game open yet couldn’t get the big hit. Hope they can pull it out for Andy cause he is pitching well

3. LMJ229
      October 8th, 2012 | 11:36 pm

I can’t stand watching Granderson at the plate. It’s getting to the point where I expect him to strike out every time.

4. EHawk
      October 8th, 2012 | 11:40 pm

I’m not sure why you don’t pinch run for Tex there. You bring in Gardy and it changes every AB. Pitcher has to worry about him and maybe he can steal and get on 2B. You’d then just more Swish to 1B and Gardy to OF. I don’t get Girardi sometimes. If there was 1 or 2 outs then leave Tex in but with no out its worth taking a chance. Matusz didn’t even have to worry about Tex and was able to focus on the batters

5. LMJ229
      October 8th, 2012 | 11:49 pm

@ EHawk:
      Excellent point. I’m guessing Girardi would rather have Tex’s defense at first to keep the game close and keep his bat in the line-up, if we can get a couple guys on in the 9th he may come up to bat. But I’m with you, he should have pinch run for him, that was the spot to do it.

October 8th, 2012 | 11:54 pm

Might as well use Gardner, that’s what he’s there for. Send Swisher to first, move Ichiro to RF…

7. EHawk
      October 9th, 2012 | 12:02 am

Story of the season….not getting the clutch hit all night long. Arod is awful again. On a positive note the Yanks got a split on the road and in reality that is all they needed to do and now just have to win 2 outta 3 at home. Never thought they were going to sweep but this was a lost opportunity tonight.

8. EHawk
      October 9th, 2012 | 12:10 am

@ Raf:
      Girardi says he didn’t pinch run for Tex cause Gardy can’t steal off Matusz? Why not? Its more a point to have him on as a threat and take Matusz out of his comfort zone. That was a mistake and bad call in my opinion. You never know if someone hits a gapper and with Tex he can’t score could of cost them the game. OH well…I’m not a girardi fan he is not good in close games.

9. JeremyM
      October 9th, 2012 | 12:12 am

Sigh. That’s really all I feel right now. Just sigh. A missed opportunity and then some.

10. October 9th, 2012 | 12:18 am

LMJ229 wrote:

Welcome to the club.

11. Evan3457
      October 9th, 2012 | 1:03 am

LMJ229 wrote:

And Granderson had one of the two hits with RISP…of course, Tex was the runner at 2nd, and couldn’t score.

October 9th, 2012 | 7:15 am

Jeter’s looking pretty old in the field too. I’m not looking at the errors, but positioning and range. Nice job on the deke of Hardy, tho.

Reynolds did a nice job with that outside pitch, slapping it to RF. Looks like Pettitte threw a pitch against the defense, because it wasn’t where Cano was playing. Had he been in his normal position instead of closer to the bag, Cano fields that ball with no problem.

13. MJ Recanati
      October 9th, 2012 | 1:10 pm

Raf wrote:

That manifested itself on Sunday night as well, when a couple of balls made it through the hole at SS that a younger or more athletic player would’ve gotten to.

Oh well…