• Ibanez Pinch Hits For A-Rod!

Posted by on October 10th, 2012 · Comments (8)

Bam! Homerun!

Comments on Ibanez Pinch Hits For A-Rod!

1. 77yankees
      October 10th, 2012 | 10:36 pm

And the internet implodes!!!

2. EHawk
      October 10th, 2012 | 10:38 pm

Wow I don’t like Girardi much but that was a great yet obvious call. Arod has looked lost and Johnson has dominated him so far and I think Ibanez got a hit in game 1 off Johnson too. Lets hope they pull it out now! Glad Arod was cheering…I think he’s a team player and just wants to win

3. October 10th, 2012 | 10:42 pm

A-Rod looked like he was crying before he started cheering on that homer.

Seriously, his eyes were red.

4. JeremyM
      October 10th, 2012 | 10:54 pm

You know, he has a ton of pride. it had to hurt. But it was the right move, even if Ibanez K’ed on three pitches.

Now win this game.

5. October 10th, 2012 | 11:02 pm

I think he was crying because he knew that getting pinch hit for meant/means that he’s going to have to answer a lot of questions after the game.

October 11th, 2012 | 7:13 am

Steve L. wrote:

I’m sure answering questions is nothing for Rodriguez. He’s been doing it since he got here. He’s probably used to it. Being pinch hit for in a playoff game, not so much.

7. October 11th, 2012 | 9:52 am

Raf wrote:

Either way, the man handled the situation as best as you can ask for: with class. First one out of the dugout to cheer for him on the tying home run, said the honest things and the right things to the point that even Buster Olney said he felt he was completely genuine. Ehawk is exactly right: he’s a team player and just wants to win.

Hopefully, this is a sign of an athlete who is starting to handle the fact that he isn’t what he used to be. As we have surely seen in other “past their prime” athletes, many athletes handle the aging process awfully. Just look at Kobe Bryant’s quotes about the situation last night. His quotes sound like a guy who will be chucking up 25+ shots a game past the age of 40.

Also, I was there last night. Incredible moments. Squirted the entire crowd with water bottles (apologies to all who got wet). Ibanez’s eyes were red as well, it was amazing to see. The emotion of the moment for all involved. Only got 4 and a half hours of sleep, I was so amped afterwards.

8. MJ Recanati
      October 11th, 2012 | 10:53 am

Brent wrote:

Ehawk is exactly right: he’s a team player and just wants to win.

I know that, you know that and EHawk knows that. A few others too. But that never stops others from clinging to their narrative.