• Orioles, Yankees – 2012 ALDS, Game 4, Heading To Extra Innings

Posted by on October 11th, 2012 · Comments (49)

Game 4, tied, 1-1, after 8 innings. And, after 9 innings too…now heading to the 10th inning.

Game 3, Orioles ahead, 2-1, after 8 innings. Yankees tie it in the 9th inning. And, New York wins, 3-2, in the 12th inning.

Game 2, close game – Baltimore wins, 3-2. And, that was the score from the 8th inning to the end of the game.

Game 1, tied, 2-2, after 8 innings. Yankees win it in the 9th when the Orioles closer implodes.

Man, these games have been close…

Comments on Orioles, Yankees – 2012 ALDS, Game 4, Heading To Extra Innings

1. October 11th, 2012 | 10:50 pm

Obviously, if the Yankees win this game, it’s on to the ALCS for them – and questionable if they really deserve to advance.

But, man, if the Orioles win this game, that has to lift their spirits. And, Game 5 will be a wild war.

2. October 11th, 2012 | 10:54 pm

You know, for the 1st 3 innings of this game, I was nervous. But, for the next 3 innings after that, I was resolved to see what happens. But, since the 7th inning, well, I am just pissed off watching this game. F’ing Yankees. Com’on already.

3. LMJ229
      October 11th, 2012 | 10:55 pm

Steve L. wrote:

That pretty much sums up my emotions exactly.

4. LMJ229
      October 11th, 2012 | 11:00 pm

C’mon Buck, bring in Johnson …

5. October 11th, 2012 | 11:01 pm

What are the odds that A-Rod wins this one with a walk-off?

6. LMJ229
      October 11th, 2012 | 11:04 pm

Steve L. wrote:

What are the odds that A-Rod wins this one with a walk-off?

zero

7. October 11th, 2012 | 11:05 pm

You know, up to this point, Cano, Swisher, Granderson and Ichiro have pretty sucked this ALDS – as much as A-Rod and more than Tex.

8. LMJ229
      October 11th, 2012 | 11:05 pm

Cano .118
      A-Rod .133
      Swisher .143
      Granderson .067
      Enough said

9. October 11th, 2012 | 11:06 pm

Joba time. Hide the trampolines…

10. LMJ229
      October 11th, 2012 | 11:07 pm

If Girardi put me in the line-up instead of Granderson he’d only have one more hit than me and we’d have the same amount of RBIs.

11. LMJ229
      October 11th, 2012 | 11:09 pm

Good job Joba :)

12. October 11th, 2012 | 11:16 pm

LMJ229 wrote:

LOL!

13. October 11th, 2012 | 11:18 pm

They probably shut down the food vendors at the Stadium after 8 innings. And, I can only imagine what the bathrooms look like now, in the 12th…

Those poor people at the Stadium…watch the Yankees batters suck, and being hungry, and having to wade through piss when they have to use the bathroom…

14. October 11th, 2012 | 11:20 pm

Not good for Joba. But, he should not have turned his head on the play.

15. October 11th, 2012 | 11:21 pm

What is it with Joba and bugs, and bats, in the LDS?

16. October 11th, 2012 | 11:24 pm

After all these close-ups, how soon until the guys at BBTF start calling Matt Wieters “Batty McBlue Tongue”?

17. October 11th, 2012 | 11:26 pm

Who’s left in the pen, Lowe and Rapada? That’s it? Right?

18. LMJ229
      October 11th, 2012 | 11:27 pm

Boy, if Joba didn’t have bad luck he’d have no luck at all.

19. JeremyM
      October 11th, 2012 | 11:29 pm

That’s it. Maybe Andy will jog out there…

20. LMJ229
      October 11th, 2012 | 11:30 pm

So now it’s up to Phelps.

21. October 11th, 2012 | 11:33 pm

1986 and 2004 were the only other times there were BTB 12+ inning games in the post-season. Welcome to the club, 2012 ALDS.

22. October 11th, 2012 | 11:34 pm

JeremyM wrote:

That’s it. Maybe Andy will jog out there…

I just hate to see them punt this game in extras thinking that they have CC tomorrow and all will be OK. For a game this close, you have to go for the kill and get it done.

23. LMJ229
      October 11th, 2012 | 11:35 pm

Damn I’m tired. This team is killing me.

24. October 11th, 2012 | 11:35 pm

It’s the 7th inning in Oakland. I cannot believe that game may be over before this one…

25. LMJ229
      October 11th, 2012 | 11:36 pm

Steve L. wrote:

We HAVE TO win this game!

26. LMJ229
      October 11th, 2012 | 11:37 pm

Steve L. wrote:

One of my co-workers is a Tigers fan and I keep busting her chops that she has to stay up to watch the late game. So much for that …

27. October 11th, 2012 | 11:41 pm

Granderson whiff. What a shock!

28. October 11th, 2012 | 11:42 pm

LMJ229 wrote:

One of my co-workers is a Tigers fan

That’s gonna be hard if the Yankees and Tigers meet in the LCS.

29. October 11th, 2012 | 11:43 pm

Com’on Jeter. Be a hero.

30. October 11th, 2012 | 11:45 pm

well, you cannot say that jeter didn’t come ready to play in this ALDS. Eight hits in 4 games.

31. October 11th, 2012 | 11:46 pm

What’s the record for innings in a LDS game?

32. October 11th, 2012 | 11:50 pm

Steve L. wrote:

What’s the record for innings in a LDS game?

Rk         Date Series Gm#  Tm Opp   Rslt   IP
      1    2005-10-09   NLDS   4 HOU ATL W  7-6 18.0
      3    1995-10-04   ALDS   2 NYY SEA W  7-5 15.0
      5    2000-10-07   NLDS   3 NYM SFG W  3-2 13.0
      6    1995-10-03   ALDS   1 CLE BOS W  5-4 13.0

Only 4 games prior to this one went 13+.

If this one goes 18, I will shoot myself.

33. October 11th, 2012 | 11:54 pm

OK, Hardy gets the RBI.
      Looks like I will be going to the Bronx tomorrow afternoon…

34. October 11th, 2012 | 11:58 pm

OK, Joe, with Lowe, you have now emptied the pen…

35. October 12th, 2012 | 12:03 am

Jim Johnson…
      With A-Rod the potential 3rd out of the inning.
      God.

36. October 12th, 2012 | 12:07 am

A-Rod PH hit for, again. Wow.

37. JeremyM
      October 12th, 2012 | 12:09 am

Steve L. wrote:

A-Rod PH hit for, again. Wow.

Too little, too late. If he does it in the 8th the Yanks likely win. I can not comprehend what Girardi was thinking there. I was proud of him all day for making the call in game 3 and then he tanks it.

38. KPOcala
      October 12th, 2012 | 12:12 am

Can’t blame A-Rod for this, fellows. I just can’t believe that the Orioles can even win one game, nevermind this “Twilight Zone” episode. And all this with great Yankee pitching. Anyone remember a series like this?

39. LMJ229
      October 12th, 2012 | 12:13 am

This team sickens me. If CC doesn’t pitch a shut-out tomorrow we won’t win. Even if he does can we even score a run? Damn, this team is so frustrating the games are not enjoyable at all.

40. JeremyM
      October 12th, 2012 | 12:14 am

I’m not. I’m blaming Girardi for letting him hit against O’Day. Of course, there’s plenty of blame to go around. Granderson needs to ride pine for starters.

41. LMJ229
      October 12th, 2012 | 12:15 am

KPOcala wrote:

Anyone remember a series like this?

I’ve been a Yankee fan for 35 years now and I don’t remember a season as frustrating as this one.

42. mattn.miller
      October 12th, 2012 | 12:17 am

I have been a die hard Yankees fan for a long time. Is it just me, but I really don’t care for new Yankee Stadium, I hate A-Fraud, I am indifferent towards Granderson, Teixeira and Swisher, and adamantly dislike the “corporate” feel of the fans who now come to the stadium. Am I on some alternate universe? What happened to the scrappy Yanks from yesteryear?

43. LMJ229
      October 12th, 2012 | 12:18 am

JeremyM wrote:

I said at the beginning, I would have put Ichiro in CF and played Ibanez in left. Granderson is utterly useless at the plate. Our hottest hitter next to Jeter is Ibanez and Girardi only gets him one AB. Makes no sense to me.

44. JeremyM
      October 12th, 2012 | 12:25 am

I would’ve even taken Gardner, at least he can force the action and not K all the time.

October 12th, 2012 | 7:36 am

KPOcala wrote:

Anyone remember a series like this?

Feels like game 5 vs Fister last year…

Yankees are finally getting decent pitching, now they can’t score. Annoying that they can’t just punch the ball somewhere. Smoltz was saying that the players wanted something positive to happen. A walk or a base hit is positive, there’s no need for a home run. I mean it would be nice, but not necessary.

October 12th, 2012 | 7:41 am

Steve L. wrote:

What is it with Joba and bugs, and bats, in the LDS?

Yeah, that was weird.

JeremyM wrote:

I’m not. I’m blaming Girardi for letting him hit against O’Day.

I was thinking that too, that Chavez may come in for Rodriguez, it’s not like they lose anything on defense. Though I can understand sticking with him. Going forward, it will be interesting to see how Rodriguez’ll be deployed.

47. October 12th, 2012 | 9:00 am

mattn.miller wrote:

Nope.

48. mattn.miller
      October 12th, 2012 | 1:52 pm

@ Steve L.:
      So do you not share the same sentiment as me?

49. October 12th, 2012 | 1:54 pm

@ mattn.miller:
      No. I do share it.
      It’s not the Yankees that I grew up with…and it’s not even the Yankees of the late ’90′s any more. It all changed when Big Stein got sick.