• Orioles Force Game 5

Posted by on October 12th, 2012 · Comments (15)

Is it possible to bench A-Rod, Cano, Granderson, Swisher and Ichiro in the same game?

Comments on Orioles Force Game 5

1. EHawk
      October 12th, 2012 | 12:19 am

Lets face it if CC who makes 25 mil a year can’t beat Hammel then the Yanks don’t deserve to win. This lineup is pathetic…Yes I know its cold and in cold weather you usually don’t score as many runs but tonight was ridiculous.

The one call that I question from Joe besides not PH for AROD in the 8th is why Joe didn’t go ahead and bring in Lowe to replace Joba instead of Phelps. I mean Lowe has the experience and Phelps for one is a rookie and never pitched in the post season and two he’s not been pitching out of the pen. Its a tough spot to put him in and not sure why Lowe’s number wasn’t called?

2. LMJ229
      October 12th, 2012 | 12:21 am

@ EHawk:
      I was surprised he chose Phelps over Lowe too.

3. LMJ229
      October 12th, 2012 | 12:23 am

I wish! I expect we’ll see more of the same futility tomorrow. At least the agony will end, one way or the other.

4. EHawk
      October 12th, 2012 | 1:04 am

I will tip my hat to the O’s if they can hold the Yanks down for pretty much 5 games except for that 9th inning in game 1. You gotta figure the Yanks bats will wake up eventually. All these extra innings and AB’s they’ve gotten you’d think they’d start hitting. Lets face it going into this game 4 we were hoping for the best with Hughes on the mound but I don’t think anyone was expecting this to be a for sure win for the Yanks. It hurts because they had the chance and Hughes pitch well but we always new we had our ace in the hole for game 5 and the O’s don’t. I wonder if game 5 will be similar to the Tigers game 5? They lost a heart breaker last night and Verlander came out and gave an Ace outing….hope CC does the same

5. Evan3457
      October 12th, 2012 | 1:35 am

Steve L. wrote:

LOL.
      No, I don’t think so, but let’s try…

Nix at 2nd, Jeter at short, Chavez at 3rd, Gardner in Left, Ichiro in Center, Ibanez in right, Tex at 1st, Martin catching, and Nunez the DH.

Hey, yeah!
      …if you don’t mind starting Nix and Nunez against the righty, and assuming Jeter’s healthy enough to play short.

6. JeremyM
      October 12th, 2012 | 6:56 am

I’d leave Cano in for Nunez, but other than that, I’m all for your lineup Evan. That game was excruciating. I’m sure it was for Orioles fans as well, but man….

October 12th, 2012 | 7:31 am

LMJ229 wrote:

@ EHawk:
      I was surprised he chose Phelps over Lowe too.

As was I. Thought he’d come in to try and get the ground ball. That said, I don’t have issue with calling in Phelps.

8. MJ Recanati
      October 12th, 2012 | 10:35 am

EHawk wrote:

How much CC makes has nothing to with it. CC isn’t pitching against Hammel, he’s pitching against Baltimore’s lineup. Similarly, Hammel isn’t trying to beat CC, he’s trying to beat the Yankees lineup.

9. MJ Recanati
      October 12th, 2012 | 10:38 am

@ Evan3457:
      @ JeremyM:
      You guys must be joking. Brett Gardner has exactly three plate appearanes since April 17th. You want to give a guy that hasn’t played ALL SEASON a chance to take swings in the most important game of the season? That makes no sense.

10. October 12th, 2012 | 10:55 am

Agreed. Starting Gardner would be like playing Sheffield at 1B in the 2006 ALDS. It’s a desperate move.

11. October 12th, 2012 | 11:02 am

I’ll say this: I want the Yankees to win – very badly. And, I will be rooting for them today with every ounce of my energy until the last out – even if they have played like they deserve to lose. (Well, the hitters, that is – the pitchers have stepped up.)

But, that said, if they have to lose, it’s OK that they lose to the Orioles. And, I will be THEN rooting for the O’s to win it all this year. It’s a great story. (Plus, if I have to get beat, I like to say it was the best team in baseball that knocked us out.)

This isn’t like losing to the Red Sox or some other team that it’s easy to dislike. Given how long the Orioles have sucked, IF THE YANKEES CANNOT BE THE WINNER, I would be OK with Baltimore and it’s fans getting a ring this year.

October 12th, 2012 | 12:20 pm

Steve L. wrote:

That wasn’t really a desperation move, it was a way to get Sheffield in the lineup; RF was occupied with Abreu.

13. October 12th, 2012 | 1:21 pm

Mikey F on WFAN just said that he think Swisher and A-Rod will be benched for Game 5 today.

Won’t that be interesting?

14. October 12th, 2012 | 1:21 pm