• Orioles-Yankees, Game 5, 2012 ALDS

Posted by on October 12th, 2012 · Comments (9)

Feel free to use this entry as a place for you to share your opinions, observations, complaints, rooting, and other sundry comments with fellow fans during the playing of the Yankees game today.

Comments on Orioles-Yankees, Game 5, 2012 ALDS

October 12th, 2012 | 8:11 pm

Yanks move on… That 8th inning was as nerve-wracking as it gets.

Thanks to Craig Saeger trying to make the postgame interviews about ARod, thanks to CC & Granderson for not taking the bait. :P

2. 77yankees
      October 12th, 2012 | 8:36 pm

Well, who’s Ripken going to openly root for now that the O’s are on the golf course?

3. October 12th, 2012 | 10:29 pm

I thought going into this postseason the Yanks had a chance to close the deal, that said, I was a little surprised how difficult this series was. I would feel a lot more confident if the team had won in 4 and CC was pitching game 1 of the Tiger series. I’m not saying AROD has to bat third, but AROD has to be in there. Next time Girardi feels the need to bench someone he need look no further than the poster boy for poor postseason hitting, Nick Swisher.

4. Evan3457
      October 12th, 2012 | 11:18 pm

Joseph Maloney wrote:

That’s coming; the table has been set by the A-Rod benching.

5. JeremyM
      October 12th, 2012 | 11:29 pm

He benched Swisher in the World Series for Jerry Hairston.

Steve, your son was right! Hope you guys had a blast. Kind of BS that the Yanks with 7 or so more wins than the Tigers gets a measurable disadvantage for the ALCS with no day off. Such is life. Here’s to Andy throwing a gem to start it off right, and maybe the bats will come to life.

6. KPOcala
      October 12th, 2012 | 11:56 pm

Steve, glad that your son got the sweet taste of the win!

7. KPOcala
      October 12th, 2012 | 11:58 pm

Anyone else think that the strike zone Thurs was atrocious, with Friday’s only a little better?

8. redbug
      October 13th, 2012 | 1:30 pm

I have to give credit to Girardi for keeping CC in the 8th. I was screaming for Robertson.

Nice play by Jeter to end the 8th!

October 13th, 2012 | 2:01 pm

redbug wrote:

Nice play by Jeter to end the 8th!

Good thing too. I thought he should’ve had that Lew Ford single.