• Want To Go To Game 5 Of The ALDS?

Posted by on October 12th, 2012 · Comments (10)

It’s very interesting how many tickets to today’s Yankees game are available on StubHub this morning at relatively reasonable prices (comparing asking price to original ticket price).  What does that say?

Comments on Want To Go To Game 5 Of The ALDS?

1. Corey
      October 12th, 2012 | 10:03 am

It says that games shouldn’t be played at 5 pm, people work.

2. MJ Recanati
      October 12th, 2012 | 10:15 am

Corey wrote:

It says that games shouldn’t be played at 5 pm, people work.

Why is the game being played at 5pm when the Yankees have been the late game the entire series to this point?

3. 77yankees
      October 12th, 2012 | 10:23 am

@ MJ Recanati

Maybe because Little Buddy Selig wants the Yanks to have an extra 3 hours of rest seeing that game one if the ALCS is tomorrow night?

Nah, couldn’t be that.

4. October 12th, 2012 | 10:27 am

Corey wrote:

It says that games shouldn’t be played at 5 pm, people work.

I work and I am going. That’s what Personal Time Off days are for…

5. 77yankees
      October 12th, 2012 | 10:37 am

@ Steve L.:

Yes, but not everyone has the luxury of getting PTO days approved without notice.

Remember, this game was a 7:30 start until Werth hit that HR @ 7 pm last night.

6. October 12th, 2012 | 10:52 am

Nah, they said all along, 7 PM if it’s the only game, and, 5 PM, if the Nat’s game was on…I heard that as early as last Monday night.

And, I told my boss: I may need to take all, or some, of the day, on Friday – or, not at all – and I won’t know until the very last minute.

Also, people call in sick at the last minute without notice. And, employers survive. It’s just one day. It’s not like telling your boss that you’re going to be out for a month and giving them an hour’s notice.

7. MJ Recanati
      October 12th, 2012 | 11:03 am

Steve L. wrote:

My question is WHY. If the Yankees were the late game all along, why move them up by three hours? Why the late change to the format/start time of the game in the series’s final game?

8. October 12th, 2012 | 11:06 am

MJ Recanati wrote:

Just a guess: Since the Yankees had the best record in baseball, if they won the ALDS, it’s a given that they would host Game 1 of the ALCS. And, maybe baseball wanted to give them time between Game 5 of the ALDS and Game 1 of the ALCS to get the field ready, clean the clubhouse, etc. Just a guess..

9. October 12th, 2012 | 12:01 pm

Also: Given the temp forecast for late tonight, the Yankees should be grateful that they won’t be playing baseball at 10 PM tonight and later.

October 12th, 2012 | 12:18 pm

I heard there were a decent number of tickets available for last night’s game too.