• Tigers-Yankees, Game 2, 2012 ALCS

Posted by on October 14th, 2012 · Comments (19)

Kuroda pitched his tail off today, on three days rest, and got his line hijacked by a blown call at second base.

Still, if the Yankees go scoreless in the 9th – and it’s the top of the 9th as I write this – the ump missing the call won’t matter.

I saw the stat on Cano’s last At Bat where it said that he’s now set a record for going 0 for 25 in a post-season.  Amazing, this is the guy who hit .615 in his last 9 games of the regular season.  At this rate, Modell’s should stop selling Cano shirts…because they’re a choking hazard.

And, don’t even get me started on the strikeout kings, A-Rod and “The Grandyman.”

The Orioles are probably watching this game and thinking “How the hell did we lose to those guys?”

Now, I just hope that the Yankees rally in the bottom of the 9th and make all this complaining look silly.  But, I am not counting on it.

Comments on Tigers-Yankees, Game 2, 2012 ALCS

1. EHawk
      October 14th, 2012 | 7:19 pm

Its unreal to me how the whole team just stopped hitting…I mean this is Anabel Sanchez who shut them down….he is not that good. The only Yanks actually hitting thus far are Tex, Ibanez, Ichiro and Jeter. The rest of the team is awful…maybe getting out of the Stadium and playing on the road will wake them up….I think they try too hard sometimes at home.

2. October 14th, 2012 | 7:31 pm

No way the Yankees win 4 of 5 games now, facing Verlander twice. The only question now is how many games this ALCS will go…

The Yankees didn’t hit today, yesterday, in the ALDS or the ALDS last year.

And, they didn’t score a ton of runs in a lot of the 2010 ALCS games either.

This team is built to score off crappy pitchers in the regular season and dies against good pitching in the post-season.

Thank you, not, Brian Cashman.

October 14th, 2012 | 7:36 pm

2012 Yankees vs Detroit

6-4

RS: 58
      RA: 48

October 14th, 2012 | 7:38 pm

Hell of an effort from Kuroda, a shame it was wasted.

5. LMJ229
      October 14th, 2012 | 7:45 pm

@ Raf:
      2012 Yankees vs Detroit (Post-Season)

0-2

RS: 4
      RA: 9

6. LMJ229
      October 14th, 2012 | 7:46 pm

Raf wrote:

Hell of an effort from Kuroda, a shame it was wasted.

They’ve wasted alot of good pitching performances this post-season.

7. LMJ229
      October 14th, 2012 | 7:47 pm

All I have to say is: Thank God for the New York Giants.

8. Ben M.
      October 14th, 2012 | 7:56 pm

Steve L. wrote:

Thank you, not, Brian Cashman.

A little extra salt watching another Granderson whiff, this time at the hands of that useful lefty out there for a 2-inning save, Phil Coke.

9. LMJ229
      October 14th, 2012 | 8:06 pm

All right I’m just gonna throw this out there for conversation sake. How about throwing caution to the wind and discarding the customary leftie-rightie match-ups and going with something like this:
      Sit Cano in favor of Nunez
      Sit Granderson in favor of Gardner
      Sit Swisher in favor of Ibanez
      Sit A-Rod in favor of Chavez
      Let’s face it, we can’t do any worse.

10. LMJ229
      October 14th, 2012 | 8:15 pm

Does anyone expect us to even have a puncher’s chance against Verlander Tuesday night? In fact, does anyone think we can even score a run?

It’s so disappointing. I used to get excited to watch the play-off games. Now I almost dread them.

11. October 14th, 2012 | 9:17 pm

Swisher’s whining about the booing and the like in right field. Didn’t even acknowledge the fans there for most of the game, no salute, nothing.

Tough cookies, Swish.

12. KPOcala
      October 14th, 2012 | 9:26 pm

@ Steve L.:
      Thank Hank for A-Rod which hamstrung the entire team. And thank Hal and Levine for stuffing more of the green, green, money. Funny that the pitching staff should play so well, and the hitters….the gutless hitters. Anything to add to that?

13. KPOcala

And when she found out she couldn’t fly
      It was too late

It’s too late
      She’s gone too far
      She’s lost the sun

She’s come undun
      She wanted truth but all she got was lies
      Came the time to realize
      And it was too late

She’s come undun
      She didn’t know what she was headed for
      And when I found what she was headed for
      Mama, it was too late

It’s too late
      She’s gone too far
      She’s lost the sun
      She’s come undun

Too many mountains, and not enough stairs to climb
      Too many churches and not enough truth
      Too many people and not enough eyes to see
      Too many lives to lead and not enough time

It’s too late
      She’s gone too far
      She’s lost the sun

She’s come undun
      Doe-doe-doe-doe-doe doe un doe-doe-doe un doe-doe-doe
      Doe doe-doe-doe-doe un doe-doe-doe doe-doe-doe
      Doe doe-doe-doe doe doe-doe-doe doe doe

—— flute ——

She found a mountain that was far too high
      And when she found out she couldn’t fly
      Mama, it was too late

October 14th, 2012 | 10:23 pm

LMJ229 wrote:

@ Raf:
      2012 Yankees vs Detroit (Post-Season)
      0-2
      RS: 4
      RA: 9

Combined

6-6

RS: 62
      RA: 57

The narrative that the Yanks only beat up on weak teams is ridiculous, unless the Tigers & O’s are weak teams that I don’t know about.

15. Evan3457
      October 15th, 2012 | 5:26 am

They’ve completely stopped hitting, and I don’t know why. So the regular season numbers are moot, unless they start hitting again.

16. redbug
      October 15th, 2012 | 6:00 am

While I wouldn’t boo the home team at the stadium (yes, even Arod), Swisher is an idiot to whine about it. He stunk up the joint through the Baltimore series and so far the Detroit series – and every other PS he played in.

17. JeremyM
      October 15th, 2012 | 7:40 am

It’s funny, I’m not really ticked that they blew that call at second because I thought the Yanks could overcome a 1-run deficit. I’m ticked because it ruined Kuroda’s pitching line. He pitched as good as someone can but now his line looks rather pedestrian, and someone glancing at the stat in the future will think he didn’t do so great. And in reality the one run that did score shouldn’t have, but Cano wasn’t satisfied with being 0 for infinite.

18. October 16th, 2012 | 2:57 pm

I was trading emails today with a friend who has been a huge Yankees fan since the 1970′s, like me, and this is what she said:

Cano is really a mess … Arod hitting on girls becomes a cover story, but the LAZY ASS attitude that that guy brings to these games goes unaddressed and unspoken – it is despicable. OK, so the team in general is anemic at the plate, but this guy doesn’t run, doesn’t hustle, makes horrific errors … and, most disgustingly – doesn’t even ARGUE that call??????????? Helllo??? Really?

Anyone else out there as down on Cano now?

19. G.I. Joey
      October 16th, 2012 | 3:02 pm

I’m down on Cano a bit, but what horrific errors is this guy talking about? The botched play in Game 2 where he didn’t turn the DP? That’s one error and to be honest nobody turns the DP more fluidly than Cano. Also, Cano arguing that call in game 2, what would that have accomplished?