• Tigers-Yankees Tied, After 10, In Game 1 Of 2012 ALCS

Posted by on October 14th, 2012 · Comments (21)

Welcome to Sunday.

I wonder how many hours these teams will have between the end of this game and the start of Game 2, later today?

Comments on Tigers-Yankees Tied, After 10, In Game 1 Of 2012 ALCS

1. October 14th, 2012 | 12:15 am

There were 8 post-season games in 1995. I think that’s the record?

With this one, tonight, we have 4 extra inning games this post-season. Just 4 more to go, to tie…

2. October 14th, 2012 | 12:17 am

And, I think, the most extra inning games for one team, in a post-season, is three. (But, I could be wrong.) These had at least 3 each:

Rk    Tm Year
      1    NYY 1996
      2    NYM 1986
      3    MIN 1991
      4    FLA 2003
      5    BOS 2004

3. October 14th, 2012 | 12:29 am

Whatever happened to that A.L. 12:59 AM curfew rule?

4. October 14th, 2012 | 12:31 am

Nice stat on TBS: Yankees have never won a post-season game where they trailed by 4+ runs in the 9th.

Tonight/this morning would be a nice time to kill that one.

5. October 14th, 2012 | 12:36 am

Heading to the 12th. Major props to the fans still there in the Stadium, BTW.

6. October 14th, 2012 | 12:40 am

Phelps facing Cabrera or Fielder in this game scares me.

And, whomever is going to lose this game, man, is that time going to be pissed.

7. October 14th, 2012 | 12:43 am

God, I am tired.
      My son played a triple-header today – Games at 9,11 and 3.
      And, we had a late night with Game 5.
      Now, this one…
      I need sleep!

8. October 14th, 2012 | 12:45 am

Darling is right. The smiling fool Swisher needs to make that play.

9. October 14th, 2012 | 12:48 am

This Jeter thing looks REALLY bad. He doesn’t react like that, usually.

Guess this means A-Rod gets to play all the time now…

10. LMJ229
      October 14th, 2012 | 12:50 am

This inning is a friggin nightmare.

11. mattn.miller
      October 14th, 2012 | 12:53 am

What was Girardi thinking putting Phelps in there? Not to be over dramatic but losing this game, losing Jeter and facing Verlander on Tuesday does NOT bode well at all for this series.

12. LMJ229
      October 14th, 2012 | 12:54 am

I think I’ve seen enough of Phelps in this post-season.

13. LMJ229
      October 14th, 2012 | 12:55 am

mattn.miller wrote:

Not sure who was left in the pen but I agree with you.

14. October 14th, 2012 | 12:55 am

mattn.miller wrote:

It was Phelps or Joba, I think. That’s all that was left in the pen.

15. October 14th, 2012 | 12:57 am

LMJ229 wrote:

I think I’ve seen enough of Phelps in this post-season.

Tough spot for the rookie.
      Sorta speaks to Cashman’s bullpen. The rookie Phelps and the rum pot Lowe should not be on a post-season roster. But, who else did Cashman give them to chose from?

16. JeremyM
      October 14th, 2012 | 1:11 am

The bullpen is fine (well, I will except Lowe from that remark.) It’s the “hitting.”

17. Evan3457
      October 14th, 2012 | 1:32 am

mattn.miller wrote:

Either him or Joba. That’s all that was left.

18. Evan3457
      October 14th, 2012 | 1:32 am

Steve L. wrote:

LMJ229 wrote:
      I think I’ve seen enough of Phelps in this post-season.
      Tough spot for the rookie.

And the rookie Smyly? He got the job done. That speaks to Dombrowski’s pen.

October 14th, 2012 | 4:55 am

Steve L. wrote:

It was Phelps or Joba, I think. That’s all that was left in the pen.

Is Joba’s elbow still swollen?

20. JeremyM
      October 14th, 2012 | 8:36 am

Evan3457 wrote:

Steve L. wrote:
      LMJ229 wrote:
      I think I’ve seen enough of Phelps in this post-season.
      Tough spot for the rookie.

And the rookie Smyly? He got the job done. That speaks to Dombrowski’s pen.

Evan, the same pen that has relief “aces” Benoit, who they should’ve crushed and just missed on doing so, and Valverde, who they did crush?

October 14th, 2012 | 9:51 am

While I can appreciate the Ibanez HR’s I’d rather see a 4-4 day from someone, so that the Yankees aren’t in a position to need those HR’s.