• Yankees Line-Up For Tonight?

Posted by on October 16th, 2012 · Comments (9)

Is it just me, or, is it odd that the game today is in 3.25 hours from now, as I write this, and the Yankees line-up for this evening has not been released to the public yet?

Comments on Yankees Line-Up For Tonight?

1. redbug
      October 16th, 2012 | 5:36 pm

Wow..it’s up. No Arod and Nunez at SS.

Brett Gardner LF
      Ichiro Suzuki RF
      Mark Teixeira 1B
      Robinson Cano 2B
      Raul Ibanez DH
      Russell Martin C
      Eric Chavez 3B
      Curtis Granderson CF
      Eduardo Nunez SS

2. redbug
      October 16th, 2012 | 5:44 pm

Boy, Gardner hasn’t hit in months. Nunez is inexplicable to me at SS. I can see him as DH but at SS??

3. Corey
      October 16th, 2012 | 6:17 pm

This is a team destined to lose. We should all be happy a team playing this terrible somehow managed to get to the ALCS. Thanks Raul.

Also:

Chris Carpenter has more hits (3) than Robinson Cano (2) this postseason.

4. JeremyM
      October 16th, 2012 | 6:48 pm

Well, if you were going to start Nunez, I guess a game started by Phly Ball Phil is the one to do it. As far as Gardner over Swisher, no complaints here. I’ve seen enough of Swish by this point. The ARod benching is a bit more surprising as Chavez so far has been worse. A part of me wonders if this has to do with his beaver shooting as Jim Bouton put it. But I doubt it.

5. October 16th, 2012 | 7:52 pm

What the hell is this obsession with Chavez, from 8/16 to the end of the year he had .221 average, .315 OBP, with 3 homers and 6 RBI in 89 PA’s, topped off with 24 strike outs. And one more thing (just like the kid in the car commercial), he’s 0 for 11 with 6 strike outs this postseason. Nunez at short, somebody hasn’t been paying attention!

6. ctkaiser
      October 16th, 2012 | 7:58 pm

Arod actually has good numbers vs Verlander and according to WFan Nunez is hitting .205 vs RH pitching and SS…I would be happier with Grandy on the bench and Arod in the lineup. Arod has actually looked better than Grandy. Is this the beginning of the end for Arod in NY? Will he join the parade to the Dodgers? Are we going to see the Yankees abandon the HR based lineup?

7. October 16th, 2012 | 11:53 pm

I truly feel there’s an element to A-Rod being benched tonight that’s an organizational reaction to the report in the Post today about him flirting with girls in the stands during the game. We may never know, for sure, for a while. But, I think, check that, I really feel, that’s part of it.

8. October 17th, 2012 | 12:26 pm

Via Bob Klap today –

A little background here: earlier on Tuesday, the New York Post reported that A-Rod was seen flipping baseballs in the directions of two female fans near the dugout during Game 1. The paper said the baseballs were inscribed not with Rodriguez’ autograph, but a request for the women’s numbers.

A-Rod and GM Brian Cashman refused to discuss the story, but the organization was deeply embarrassed by it, especially since the Yankees were in the midst of getting swept in the first two games at home. And Rodriguez himself was playing himself out of the starting lineup by going 0-for-18 with 12 strikeouts against right-handers.

So while Girardi insisted his decision to bench A-Rod was strictly a baseball-related move, his refusal to use the slugger in the ninth inning was unquestionably a smack-down for his behavior in New York. It’s anyone’s guess whether A-Rod will start tonight against Max Scherzer in what could be the Yankees’ final game.

October 17th, 2012 | 9:41 pm

Steve L. wrote:

If that’s the case then Cashman, Girardi and the Organization are a bunch of clowns.