• A-Rod & Granderson Benched For ALCS Game 4

Posted by on October 17th, 2012 · Comments (6)

But, Swisher gets to play.

Comments on A-Rod & Granderson Benched For ALCS Game 4

1. Corey
      October 17th, 2012 | 5:36 pm

This team deserves to be swept.

In fact, they should have just forfeited the series when Jeter broke his ankle.

2. redbug
      October 17th, 2012 | 6:02 pm

@ Corey:In fact, they should have just forfeited the series when Jeter broke his ankle.”

Going back to Steve’s earlier post,this team is losing me…When Jeter was out, I pretty much was out too. No Mo. No Jeter. Andy only every few days (doing his usual good job). This team isn’t close to the great teams of the late 90′s.

I watched the debate last night. I tuned in on and off to the game after the debate but was more interested in hearing the reaction to the debate rather than watch the Yankees continue to choke.

3. JeremyM
      October 17th, 2012 | 8:01 pm

I’ll be here until the end. Ride or die. Probably die, but if I’m Detroit I want to win tonight.

4. Corey
      October 17th, 2012 | 8:22 pm

redbug wrote:

Going back to Steve’s earlier post,this team is losing me

I’m still supporting the team, but I’m a realist. This team has no shot at winning this series. Especially with the way it’s managed.

Call me crazy, but I would keep running A-Rod and Granderson out there. If one of them could catch fire you at least have a shot at the series. Chavez is 0 for the post-season. Gardner you can’t trust to do anything offensively since he barely played all year. I’m all for batting them lower in the order, pinch-hitting for then in big spots, but to take them out completely is just not the answer right now.

5. JeremyM
      October 17th, 2012 | 9:14 pm

I thought Gardner had pretty decent at bats, all things considered, last night. OK, he swung at a lot of ball fours, but he fouled them off at least.

6. LMJ229
      October 17th, 2012 | 9:40 pm

I’m not really understanding the A-Rod benching. I mean, nobody is hitting. Why turn the spotlight on just one guy? Why is the Yankee brass so willing to let Cano, Granderson, Swisher, Martin, etc. hit their way out of their slumps but not A-Rod? Doesn’t make much sense to me.