• Where’d They Go?

    Posted by on October 17th, 2012 · Comments (21)
    Name Comments
    Raf 10415
    MJ Recanati 9628
    Corey 4865
    Evan3457 3591
    baileywalk 2218
    YankCrank 2013
    clintfsu813 1763
    butchie22 1359
    77yankees 1269
    JeremyM 1232
    Rich 1139
    Garcia 978
    LMJ229 935
    rbj 901
    Don 892
    Jim TreshFan 865
    redbug 843
    antone 809
    JohnnyC 770
    OnceIWasAYankeeFan 755
    #15 705
    Jen 693
    Ken 671
    lisaswan 582
    KPOcala 573
    jonm 553
    brockdc 536
    Joel 516
    hopbitters 499
    yagottagotomo1 474
    Scout 455
    BOHAN 450
    G.I. Joey 447
    Pete 427
    Pat F 412
    thenewguy 389
    bfriley76 362
    TurnTwo 349
    Jason O. 310
    Joseph Maloney 298
    Travis G. 281
    Jake1 271
    Yu Hsing Chen 261
    GDH 258
    Lee Sinins 240

    Hey, if your name is on this list, and you haven’t been left a comment here lately, why not say hello now?

    Comments on Where’d They Go?

    1. Corey
      October 17th, 2012 | 2:52 pm

      Out of curiosity, can you see how long we’ve been around for? I can’t remember what season I started coming here.

    2. October 17th, 2012 | 2:59 pm

      Corey wrote:

      Out of curiosity, can you see how long we’ve been around for? I can’t remember what season I started coming here.

      Pretty sure this is your first comment:

      http://waswatching.com/2007/04/10/i-really-do-miss-this-man/#comment-17064

    3. antone
      October 17th, 2012 | 5:07 pm

      I still read every day, but have way less down time at work now, so don’t have as much time to post!

    4. October 17th, 2012 | 5:12 pm

      @ antone:
      Good to see you

    5. YankCrank
      October 17th, 2012 | 5:19 pm

      I still read daily, just don’t have as much bandwidth as I used to have. That low-maintenance job in 2009 sure made it easy to talk Yankees more often.

      At the same time, winning it in 2009 relieved me of that “Yankees need to win every game of every year!” mentality that I and many fans had since The Collapse. My paranoid fandom has moved on to the Knicks.

    6. October 17th, 2012 | 5:34 pm

      YankCrank wrote:

      I still read daily

      Thanks!

    7. Corey
      October 17th, 2012 | 5:34 pm

      Steve L. wrote:

      Corey wrote:
      Out of curiosity, can you see how long we’ve been around for? I can’t remember what season I started coming here.
      Pretty sure this is your first comment:
      http://waswatching.com/2007/04/10/i-really-do-miss-this-man/#comment-17064

      So that means I started in 06 because I didn’t comment for the first couple of months I was coming here and I remember starting to come here during the middle of a season.

      Funny, the image of Bernie Williams’ baseball card never worked when I did it then. Guess it was just a bug in an older version of WordPress. Also, a link to my (deleted for years) myspace page, woah..that feels like ages ago.

    8. Corey
      October 17th, 2012 | 5:35 pm

      YankCrank wrote:

      That low-maintenance job in 2009 sure made it easy to talk Yankees more often.

      I hear that!

    9. G.I. Joey
      October 17th, 2012 | 5:37 pm

      @ Corey:

      Jobs man, they are always getting in the way!

    10. Corey
      October 17th, 2012 | 8:16 pm

      Anyone hear from butch in a while?

    11. Raf
      October 17th, 2012 | 8:17 pm

      I’M #1!!!
      I’M #1!!!
      I’M #1!!!
      I’M #1!!!

      :D :P

    12. JeremyM
      October 17th, 2012 | 9:19 pm

      I’m a little stunned to be #10. I guess I’m the Nick Swisher of the site- I put up solid numbers, but not very many of them are worth a darn!

    13. KPOcala
      October 17th, 2012 | 10:49 pm

      @ JeremyM:
      Jeremy, watch that association. You may have painted a target on your back in these times ;)

    14. Garcia
      October 17th, 2012 | 10:49 pm

      Steve, you seem to love the attention when the Yanks are doing awful. From where I sit, I think it’s because you want to be validated. And that’s fine, who doesn’t want their analysis, opinions, and/or facts to be an accepted viewpoint by the masses? That’s perfectly fine, but you seem to run away from that being your motive. I

      n this post you decided to post all the handles of the people who post here most often because you want them to come by and say how you called this way back in May/June — BTW, thank you very much…I was quite happy that my Comments Above Replacement (CAR) was higher than even I knew.

      How did I come to this conclusion? Well the following comment you posted yesterday brought it all together for me.

      Steve L. wrote:

      I wouldn’t say that, for me, “panic” has been “a foregone conclusion since the 2009 World Series ended.” Instead of “panic,” I would label it as “skepticism.” And, again, that just might be because I am older. But, it has nothing to do with me wanting to be right. I don’t get where that claim comes from?

      The last part is quite interesting, if you don’t “want to be right” then why ask for all the people to come by and comment? Maybe we are pissed that the Yanks just continue to suck.

    15. KPOcala
      October 17th, 2012 | 10:53 pm

      Steve, your blog is still insightful. And your following is as knowledgeable and classy as the web allows. Thanks for keeping it going. Now if someone could take the Yankees bats and have them blessed, or have an exorcism performed on them……..

    16. KPOcala
      October 17th, 2012 | 10:55 pm

      @ Raf:
      Showing us all up, heh. You can buy the beers then ;)

    17. Evan3457
      October 18th, 2012 | 12:09 am

      I’ve posted almost 3600 comments here?

      I need to shut up more often.

    18. October 18th, 2012 | 7:08 am

      Garcia wrote:

      why ask for all the people to come by and comment?

      Have you ever sort of known someone and then you didn’t see them for a long while? I think, in that case, it’s natural to wonder what happened to them and to see if they’re OK. (See the recent lesson learned on Treshfan Jim.)

      That’s what this was all about.

      You? It seems you just live for trying to get inside my head and try and find out why I say things or do things. And, often, you take the liberty to put thoughts in there for me, or, put words in my mouth.

      You asked me a question. I answered it here. Let me ask you a question now: Why are you so fascinated with trying to figure out my M.O. and always making assumptions on the root cause of my behavior?

      That seems a little weird to me.

    19. October 18th, 2012 | 7:09 am

      Evan3457 wrote:

      I need to shut up more often.

      That would be sad, if you did.

    20. October 18th, 2012 | 7:10 am

      KPOcala wrote:

      Steve, your blog is still insightful. And your following is as knowledgeable and classy as the web allows. Thanks for keeping it going.

      Thanks and you’re welcome.

    21. Garcia
      October 18th, 2012 | 7:37 am

      Steve L. wrote:

      Why are you so fascinated with trying to figure out my M.O. and always making assumptions on the root cause of my behavior?

      Because I don’t think it’s as benign as you are trying to make it.

      Could it all be coincidence that you are asking “Where’d They Go?” when the Yankees are on the verge of being swept out of the playoffs? Perhaps. I have a hard time believing those were your intentions, however.

      You want to cite Treshfan Jim as an example, but a month ago, before you posted about Treshfan, when the Yanks lead was down to one game at the start of September you were threatening to close up shop because you didn’t have people commenting. Even though your hit-rate stats were telling you that the same level of traffic was coming into WW.

      So I don’t get why you call me weird, when all I’ve done is connect the dots here…so are you saying that my pattern matching techniques are totally incorrect? You can use Treshfan as a way of painting more genuine intentions on your part, but the bottom line is this: this is your fight against Brian Cashman, and you feel your commentary on him has never had more evidence in proving his level of incompetence.

      And that’s fine, you have been consistent with your argument against the Yankees GM. But let’s not this paint this as anything other than: “Hey Cashman Lovers, where are you now? Come back and defend your little Elf. He needs you more than ever. Come to WW, the general baseball blog and talk about your favorite GM, Brian Cashman.”

      And yes, I am weird.

    Leave a reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.