• Ozzie Guillen Fired

Posted by on October 23rd, 2012 · Comments (6)

Just in -

The Marlins dismissed manager Ozzie Guillen on Tuesday. They did not name a replacement.

“After careful consideration following the disappointment of the 2012 season, we decided to dismiss Ozzie,” Marlins president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest said in the team’s announcement. “Our managerial search begins immediately and our hope is that a new manager, along with roster improvements, will restore a winning culture.”

So much for teams not stealing headlines from the World Series coverage…

Maybe A-Rod can be the Marlins player-manager in 2013?

Comments on Ozzie Guillen Fired

1. Corey
      October 23rd, 2012 | 6:19 pm

The Marlins make the Mets look functional.

2. Corey
      October 23rd, 2012 | 6:23 pm

Also, if I’m running an organization and I’m not in the postseason or World Series, it’s in my best interests to start the offseason as soon as possible. I wouldn’t give two craps about stealing the headlines away from the World Series. These teams basically get a month long head start, why waste time.

3. KPOcala
      October 23rd, 2012 | 6:55 pm

The only thing that got Ozzie fired was his pro-Castro remarks. In Miami, that’s the worst thing that could have taken money out of Loria’s pockets. Miami is a total bandwagon oriented city. I grew up, and lived there for 45 years. Even during the perfect season for the Dolphins, I remember people moaning that the Dolphins were boring because they pulverized teams, week after week. Very strange sports city………..

4. JeremyM
      October 23rd, 2012 | 8:50 pm

I was surprised by the Chris Young deal- have I been asleep at the wheel or do trades not normally happen during the playoffs?

5. October 24th, 2012 | 1:10 pm

JeremyM wrote:

It’s rare. But, a good GM will strike when the opportunity presents itself…

6. October 24th, 2012 | 1:12 pm

Corey wrote:

The Marlins make the Mets look functional.

Loria and Samson make the Wilpon father-son duo look good, I agree.