• The Ulimate Laundry Test For Red Sox & Yankees Fans

Posted by on December 5th, 2012 · Comments (15)

Kevin Youkilis in a Yankees uniform?

If this happens, how will Yooooooouk be received the first time he shows up for a game at Fenway Park in a Yankees uniform?

And, how will Yankees fans, or Joba Chamberlain for that matter, accept Youkilis as one of their own?

Oh, how the uniform worn changes things in a hurry, sometimes…

Comments on The Ulimate Laundry Test For Red Sox & Yankees Fans

1. MJ Recanati
      December 5th, 2012 | 10:08 am

Clemens was accepted by Jeter and Knoblauch so Youkilis will be accepted by Chamberlain and others.

And, frankly, Chamberlain’s opinion holds no sway in the clubhouse since that worthless sack of crap has contributed nothing to the team going back nearly three years now…

2. #15
      December 5th, 2012 | 12:55 pm

Youk? All depends on his price and his fitness level in my mind. He got soft and, combined with hard play, banged up too easily.

If he’s fit (maybe 20 lbs lighter than last year)…. He can give us solid work at 3rd base, a solid back-up for first base (lost with Swisher), hard play, and some right handed balance to the roster.

Although I do think his exotic hitting stance won’t/didn’t age well (ala Bagwell), the only problem I ever had with Youk was his uniform. Just like Pedroia. Just like Damon. If they’d been in pinstripes and they were mashing and busting it for us we’d have loved ‘em. On the other hand… Pedro, Beckett, Manny, and several others were/are ass clowns that I’d have struggled to pull for.

As far as Joba goes… Until the guy gives us 60+ inning from the pen and an ERA under 2.80… just shut up and pitch.

Not sure where Youk would leave us with regard to Chavez. Probably one or the other.

If Ichi can be had for $5 mil, I’d sign him and, along with Gardner and Grandy, run the fastest Yankee outfield in ~ 5+ decades out there as often as I could. Our outfield would stack up with any in baseball in terms of defense.

3. December 5th, 2012 | 1:16 pm

OMG, the stance…I forgot about that.
      Heaven help me if Youk becomes a Yankee. I will have to spend the entire summer telling my 8-year old to stop using the stupid batting stance that Youk uses….

…kids love that stupid stuff.
      Then again, as a kid, I used to pretend I was Roy White batting lefty and Thurman Munson batting righty….

4. McMillan
      December 5th, 2012 | 2:22 pm

This team, and its fan base, should welcome a .306 postseason batting average.

December 5th, 2012 | 7:12 pm

Steve L. wrote:

OMG, the stance…I forgot about that.

This post made me LOL

December 5th, 2012 | 7:13 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

Clemens was accepted

And before him, Boggs.

7. Corey
      December 5th, 2012 | 8:46 pm

I really, really hope this doesn’t happen.

8. December 6th, 2012 | 10:43 am

Corey wrote:

I really, really hope this doesn’t happen.

He’s getting closer

9. MJ Recanati
      December 6th, 2012 | 12:10 pm

Corey wrote:

I really, really hope this doesn’t happen.

I hate him too. But I hate Joba (and have hated Giambi, Pavano, Wright and Soriano) so I can learn to just treat him as the turd in the punchbowl and not let it affect my feelings for the rest of the team.

December 6th, 2012 | 3:07 pm

Corey wrote:

I really, really hope this doesn’t happen.

It’s the goatee, isn’t it? Don’t worry, he’ll have to shave it off :P

11. December 10th, 2012 | 3:22 pm
    12. December 11th, 2012 | 7:09 pm

Done deal

I am already warning my son not to copy the stance

13. Corey
      December 11th, 2012 | 7:24 pm

sigh.

If I made it through Damon, I guess I can live with a year of this turd.

14. MJ Recanati
      December 11th, 2012 | 7:46 pm

Corey wrote:

sigh.If I made it through Damon, I guess I can live with a year of this turd.

LOL.

Damon was actually productive. I imagine Youkilis is pretty much washed up so he’ll be less tolerable, merely by virtue of the fact that productivity covers up a lot of other ills.

Having said that, I hope Joba drills him in the head during intrasquad.

15. LMJ229
      December 11th, 2012 | 10:49 pm

I’m seeing this as a move the Yankees had to make. They needed a right-handed bat, a 3B, and a spot 1B they lost in Swisher. Plus, it fits their one-year plan. I always thought of Youkilis as a tough out. I guess ownership deserves some credit for ponying up the bucks to sign him.