• No One Elected To Cooperstown This Year?

Posted by on January 3rd, 2013 · Comments (6)

Exit polls suggest this is true.

It will be interesting if Piazza doesn’t make it and then his book comes out next month…

And, I still think Biggio is going to make it this year.

Comments on No One Elected To Cooperstown This Year?

1. MJ Recanati
      January 3rd, 2013 | 3:23 pm

I detest the BBWAA HOF voting process. What criteria could possibly cause voters to exclude Biggio? The guy was terrific.

2. PocketAces
      January 3rd, 2013 | 3:46 pm

I went to their web page and it appears their date is nearly accurate.

They have a comparision of last years prediction vs. actual and they are spot on for about half the names…..the other half they have predicted to low by 4 to 7 percent.

If that holds true, it is possible that both Biggio and Bagwell would go in this year.

I think that would be fitting.

3. January 3rd, 2013 | 4:00 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

Maybe this: http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2011/01/craig_biggio_steriod_user.php

4. MJ Recanati
      January 3rd, 2013 | 5:17 pm

Steve L. wrote:

Voters are stupid if they’re reacting to Jeff Pearlman making unsubstantiated claims that he refuses to back up.

Then again, no one ever accused BBWAA voters of having intelligence or integrity.

5. January 3rd, 2013 | 7:30 pm

When you consider the behind the scene nonsense that has led to some of the Veterans Committee selections, I think the writers have done a good job, surprisingly good. The biggest issue I have with the writers is the failure to pull voting rights from writers who clearly violate the trust that’s been given. For example any writer who fails to vote for a player who receives over 95% of the vote on the first ballot (Seaver, Aaron, Brett for instance)should have to justify that vote to a review committee, and the explanation has to make sense (I don’t vote for players ther first year on the ballot makes no sense).

6. Evan3457
      January 3rd, 2013 | 7:57 pm

Biggio is an obvious Hall of Famer.