• Brian Cashman Gets A New Suit

Posted by on January 8th, 2013 · Comments (15)

Via the Daily News -

Yankees manager manager Brian Cashman is a “manchild” who conspired to have his former lover committed so the affair would never be revealed, the mistress’ mother claims in a new lawsuit.

Cashman used hardball tactics to force Caroline Meanwell into helping him, his lawyer and her daughter’s own therapist to discredit the lover, Louise Neathway, as mentally unstable, Meanwell charges in a suit filed Monday in Manhattan Supreme Court.

“The gang’s plan, while shocking and outrageous, seemed to be concocted and executed by the Three Stooges rather than a physician, a law firm and a sports executive,” the suit claims.

Cashman and his attorney, Eric Creizman, gave Meanwell a script to read to a 911 dispatcher so cops would be sent to Neathway’s Tribeca apartment as a precursor to getting Neathway institutionalized, the suit argues.

The suit also claims Cashman and Creizman got Neathway’s therapist to go along with the plan.

Meanwell said she agreed only after Creizman told her Neathway would end up committed, arrested or a suicide.

“The gang’s plan was to intimidate (Meanwell) with a death threat against her only daughter in order to induce (her) cooperation in having Louise institutionalized,” the suit says.

The suit claims that while he was dating Neathway, Cashman told her, “The Yankees control the universe and he controls the Yankees” to emphasize the scope of his power.

Meanwell’s lawyer, Peter Gleason, contends the married Cashman portrayed Neathway as an unhinged liar to avoid being outed as an adulterer.

Cashman’s wife, Mary, filed for divorce soon after Neathway was arrested in February 2011.

“His adulterous behavior turned his whole world upside-down,” the suit chargers. “In the United Kingdom, such behavior of Cashman would fall under the old English term of ‘Manchild.’ ”

Cashman, Creizman and Neathway’s therapist did not returns calls for comment.

Back in 2008, I wrote:

Brian Cashman has value. He understands New York. He can navigate through the Yankees organization. He’s polished. He can take a punch. There’s nothing wrong with having Brian Cashman as the face of the front office – and being the person on point between the owners, the team, the media and the fans.

Boy, was I wrong on that one, or what?

More crazy stuff on this one.

Comments on Brian Cashman Gets A New Suit

1. Ricketson
      January 8th, 2013 | 2:39 pm

“Brian Cashman has value. He understands New York. He can navigate through the Yankees organization. He’s polished. He can take a punch. There’s nothing wrong with having Brian Cashman as the face of the front office – and being the person on point between the owners, the team, the media and the fans…

Boy, was I wrong on that one, or what?”

Well – you will not be more wrong about something in the future, or your next 50 yrs…

2. January 8th, 2013 | 3:19 pm

@ Ricketson:
      Then again, I would have fired Cashman after 2008:

And, if they Yankees had done this, then they would have been divorced of this mess way before Mrs. Cashman was…

3. Ricketson
      January 8th, 2013 | 4:18 pm

Steve L. wrote:

Which mess are you referring to? The lawsuit? The 2013 Roster? Other?

January 8th, 2013 | 5:58 pm

@ Steve L.:
      That this story isn’t nearly as big as some would have liked, speaks to you being correct, actually.

It’s a shame that you cleaned up the comments in the other thread (not the one cited below), the one where the story tried to break, or at least where someone was trying to solicit information

5. January 8th, 2013 | 7:02 pm

@ Ricketson:
      The shame of the affair and the bad light it shines on the franchise.

@ Raf:
      That was Louise, herself, who made those comments. And, someone who was giving her a hard time. Back then, she insisted that they (her and Cash) were just friends and she requested that I remove the comments.

6. Ricketson
      January 8th, 2013 | 8:18 pm

Steve L. wrote:

The shame of the affair and the bad light it shines on the franchise.

I know…
      Steve L. wrote:

Can you provide a few more sentences of background on this?

January 8th, 2013 | 8:33 pm

Ricketson wrote:

Can you provide a few more sentences of background on this?

January 8th, 2013 | 8:40 pm

Steve L. wrote:

loulou76?

LOL :D

9. Ricketson
      January 8th, 2013 | 8:40 pm

@ Raf:
      What is the request for removal of comments all about?

10. Corey
      January 8th, 2013 | 8:51 pm

Steve L. wrote:

How weird it was to get an e-mail from that woman to remove the comments. I’m glad I havn’t heard from her again.

January 8th, 2013 | 9:00 pm

@ Ricketson:
      Dunno. There was someone who was defending Louise, I guess a friend of hers, saying she was a nice gal. It was pretty bizarre. I can only speculate that there were subsequent posts that were removed. I responded to one of them, that was also removed. I don’t know if you can see it, apparently it’s still in “awaiting moderation” purgatory :P. As you can see, the thread was eventually closed. Then the thread I cited above was posted a couple of days later.

Guess ol’ “loulou” (how appropriate :P), threatened some sort of legal action against Steve, and since he doesn’t have the deep pockets of Cashman complied with her demands? ;)

Definitely one of the more bizarre episodes of WW since I’ve been here. I don’t know if there were any other blogs that touched on the Cashman Affair (none of the others I was reading at the time did), nor do I know if stephaniereports solicited other blogs for information.

12. Ricketson
      January 8th, 2013 | 9:02 pm

@ Raf:
      Wow… Thanks.

January 8th, 2013 | 9:03 pm

Corey wrote:

YET

muah-haaaaa-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

January 8th, 2013 | 9:08 pm

@ Ricketson:
      feel free to drop her a line; stephaniereports@yahoo.com

I’m sure McMillan would be interested too ;)

15. Evan3457
      January 9th, 2013 | 3:28 am

Gee, she filed a suit.

I’m shocked. And stunned.