• The Face Of Derek Jeter, Then & Now

Posted by on January 23rd, 2013 · Comments (10)

Derek Jeter 1996 vs 2013

What a drag it is getting old…

This is Derek Jeter circa 1996 compared to Derek Jeter today. I find it kind of sad that my kids, soon to be 9- and 11-years old, will never remember the “young” Derek Jeter. Heck, how many of us remember him that way…? (And, I say this as someone who was 33-years old when Jeter was a rookie back in ’96.)

Comments on The Face Of Derek Jeter, Then & Now

1. MJ Recanati
      January 23rd, 2013 | 3:28 pm

I definitely still remember “young Jeter”.

Separately, wow, I understand why the fade haircut had to go but I didn’t realize that he was going so bald. Makes me feel old to see Jeter looking more and more middle aged.

2. January 23rd, 2013 | 3:59 pm

Bucky Dent sez: “Hey, I might not have 3,000 hits; but, I’m 61 and I still have my hair!”

Seriously, Jete is not alone. I started losing my hair in my late 20′s. And, by the time I was 32, it was time to start buzzing my head, ala Matt Lauer, to get in front of it.

And, now that I am 50, if you told me that I could take a pill and it would cause me to not have ANY hair, anywhere, on my entire body, I would take it, in a heartbeat.

It really sucks when you don’t have hair where you want it and you have too much of it in places that it requires constant upkeep to get rid of it.

3. Garcia
      January 23rd, 2013 | 4:07 pm

@ Steve L.:
      Sounds like someone is constantly having to shave their ass. :-)

4. G.I. Joey
      January 23rd, 2013 | 5:30 pm

@ MJ Recanati:
      @ Steve L.:

Sometimes I think he looks a lot like a tan Quagmire these days. I think he pulls off the shaved head well, but honestly it doesn’t make a difference b/c the man can still take down 99.9% of the female population of planet earth with the pickup line “Hi, I’m Derek Jeter.” Remember, any regrets said female conquests may have afterwards is immediately assuaged by the discovery of a signed ball in the town car taking them home :)

5. January 23rd, 2013 | 5:40 pm

@ Garcia:
      No issues there. But, having to constantly groom nose and ear hair is not exactly a perk of aging.

6. January 23rd, 2013 | 5:41 pm

@ G.I. Joey:
      giggity giggity …

January 23rd, 2013 | 6:00 pm

Steve L. wrote:

There’s always the Wade Boggs route… :D

I was in the crowd during his induction ceremony, I was like “I coulda sworn he didn’t have as much hair.” Also didn’t realize how much of a twang he had when he spoke.

8. LMJ229
      January 24th, 2013 | 10:26 am

I don’t get why guys are so against getting hair plugs. If it makes you
      look and feel better about yourself why not?

9. January 24th, 2013 | 10:35 am

@ LMJ229:
      Do hair plugs for men = breast implants for women?
      I don’t know, just asking.

10. LMJ229
      January 24th, 2013 | 3:24 pm

@ Steve L.:
      Good question! Don’t know the answer. It seems there is a stigma related to hair plugs but not so much with breast implants. I think it’s the whole man vs. woman thing. Women are supposed to be into their looks while men aren’t. Of course, with the new “metrosexual” age, things certainly are changing!