Via Richard Justice today -
The Yankees can win again because:
- The starting rotation will be the best in the American League East, better than Toronto’s, better than Tampa Bay’s.
- Mark Teixeira will be healthy and productive, which means he’ll be a huge presence in the middle of the lineup.
- Kevin Youkilis will show that 2012 was a fluke and have a huge comeback season.
- Brett Gardner will stay on the field and match his .723 career on-base-plus-slugging.
- Bullpen depth.
- Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte and Derek Jeter. Yes, the band is back together. And the band will again lead the way.
- Brian Cashman will watch some of his best kids have break out seasons at Double-A, and this will give him the flexibility to either make a deal or fill a hole in the second half.
- The Yankees go to the playoffs every year, and you can check my math. This core of players knows how to win.
- Addition by subtraction, and you know who I’m talking about.
OMG. Can anyone actually believe any of these things are going to be true in 2013 sans #9?