• Youkilis Demos New Stance On “Yankees Access”

Posted by on February 4th, 2013 · Comments (6)

Click here.

I dunno. Dude looks fat to me.

Comments on Youkilis Demos New Stance On “Yankees Access”

1. MJ Recanati
      February 4th, 2013 | 1:21 pm

He does look fat. He’s always been that way though. Fortunately it’s only a one-year deal.

2. #15
      February 4th, 2013 | 1:47 pm

Youk never ever looked thin. And he never ever looked like he was dogging it. If he wants to keep playing, we’ll see his best game. He used that sloppy Zoot Suit uniform, like Manny, to maybe cover up a less than “elite physical specimen” form.

Hit the ball hard and give us that GG play at 3rd. We’ve got enough speed in the line up. My prediction… we’ll get more production out of 3rd base than last year.

3. February 4th, 2013 | 2:07 pm

Kevin Long has been working with him? Is this the same Long who “fixed” Curtis Granderson?

4. MJ Recanati
      February 4th, 2013 | 2:13 pm

#15 wrote:

My prediction… we’ll get more production out of 3rd base than last year.

You think Youkilis will be a +3 WAR player in 2013? I sure don’t.

A-Rod, Chavez, Nix, Nunez, and McGehee probably added up to at least +2.5 WAR at the position last year. Youkilis didn’t come close to that last year.

5. #15
      February 4th, 2013 | 9:48 pm

@ MJ Recanati:

But he exceeded that in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, and 2007. He had a rough, injury plagued start to 2012 and got openly pissed on by his circus clown, I mean manager. But his last 5 year’s production would suggest a WAR of 2.5 or better is well within his envelope.

6. MJ Recanati
      February 5th, 2013 | 8:18 am

@ #15:
      And yet if you look at how his numbers started trending down in 2011, makes you wonder if, like Teixeira, the bat speed isn’t there any longer to keep the AVG and OBP up where it needs to be in order to go from a decent player to a really good one. I think Youk is clearly in decline and it’ll be hard for him to be much more than a 2-3 win player this year. Nothing wrong with that but not better than the overall production at the position last year. The same, maybe, but not better.