• Mark Buehrle’s Dog Story

Posted by on February 7th, 2013 · Comments (6)

I think that anyone who has ever loved a dog would understand his call here.

Comments on Mark Buehrle’s Dog Story

1. PocketAces
      February 7th, 2013 | 4:30 pm

He and the family chose to live 800 miles apart because of dogs.

I had a family dog…….it is a pet…..children need their parents…..

He has an 8 year old child and a 5 year old child who will live months without their father because of a dog…….there is no choice here……I am not suggesting they put the dogs to sleep, but I am suggesting they re-evaluate their priorities………and at the most basic level……human vs. dog…….or children vs. dog

This is the kind of story that really pisses me off…..perhaps without merit…….but still it does

2. PocketAces
      February 7th, 2013 | 4:33 pm

“I think that anyone who has ever loved a dog would understand his call here.”

Nope: I owned a dog……I would choose my children….in a heartbeat.

3. February 7th, 2013 | 6:25 pm

@ PocketAces:
      He’s never home, as it is, as a ballplayer. I think the point here is that he’s not asking his kids to do without their dog, just so that they can be around for the brief time that he’s home.

Remember, half of the time, he’s on the road. And, when he’s home, he’s sleeping when the kids are awake because he has a baseball game at night and doesn’t get home until very late at night.

4. Ricketson
      February 7th, 2013 | 7:23 pm

@ Steve L.:
      Nice story and a completely understandable call, although I disagree with the Buehrles’ position that the breed should not be banned – with the existence of “people” such as Vick in this world, the degree to which an animal such as this is capable of inflicting serious injury in the hands of irresponsible or negligent owners, and for the sake of many of the dogs themselves, its better that their ownership be banned by law in all jurisdictions – I’ve felt that way for decades…

February 7th, 2013 | 7:42 pm

Well, as a player traded during a multiyear contract, Buehrle has the option to demand a trade, preferably to a team closer to home.

Yeah, I can see why NF or Buffalo wouldn’t be an option for them :D

6. LMJ229
      February 7th, 2013 | 10:58 pm

It really annoys me when judgements are passed based solely on the dog’s breed and nothing else. I have 2 Labs and a Rotweiler and my Rottie is the most affectionate of the bunch. And our homeowners insurance dropped us because of her. My boss’s dog (and her husband by extension) was attacked recently by a Golden Retriever. As the old saying goes, it’s the owner, not the breed.