• Teixeira Will Miss 8 To 10 Weeks

Posted by on March 6th, 2013 · Comments (11)

Well, that’s one way to avoid having a terrible batting average in April.  Via ESPN -

New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira will miss eight to 10 weeks due to his injured wrist, manager Joe Girardi said Wednesday.

Teixeira strained his wrist Tuesday while taking batting practice with the United States’ World Baseball Classic team.

The Yankees initially estimated Teixeira would miss just two weeks. But Wednesday’s update indicates that Teixeira will miss the entire month of April and could possibly be sidelined into mid-May.

Comments on Teixeira Will Miss 8 To 10 Weeks

1. March 6th, 2013 | 5:09 pm

What the hell is wrong with Tex that he can get injured so badly doing so little?

2. MJ Recanati
      March 6th, 2013 | 5:11 pm

Steve L. wrote:

Stop it. There’s nothing wrong with Teixeira; he’s been one of the most durable players in baseball over his career. Injuries happen. End of story.

3. BOHAN
      March 6th, 2013 | 5:30 pm

Stop. You can get hurt doing anything. I just hurt my ankle last night jumping rope. People have hurt themselves sneezing. Shit happens.

4. March 6th, 2013 | 5:35 pm

@ MJ Recanati:
      I’m 50 years old. For a living, I sit at a desk for 50 hours a week. Granted, I try and hit the gym and/or run for a few days each week too, time allowing.

And, I’m not training to play baseball everyday. But, once in a while, when working with my son, I do some Tee work…and I have never gotten hurt hitting a ball off a Tee.

Even if I do manage to hurt myself in a silly way – and I’ve had my back go out just opening a sliding door (remember, I’m 50)- I never hurt myself where I had to shut it down for 4 weeks of nothing, like Tex has to do now.

Tex was durable. So was A-Rod. They’re not anymore. And, that’s why I asked “What wrong with him now that he’s breaking down so bad so easily?”

5. March 6th, 2013 | 5:37 pm

BOHAN wrote:

Quoting Carl Pavano now, are you?

6. Corey
      March 6th, 2013 | 7:35 pm

Missing Swisher right about now huh?

7. LMJ229
      March 6th, 2013 | 9:25 pm

It does seem a little odd that he would hurt himself so badly by just taking batting practice. But didn’t Texiera have wrist issues in the past? If so, this is not good. Not good at all.

8. March 6th, 2013 | 9:35 pm

Corey wrote:

Missing Swisher right about now huh?

Not as much as I have been missing Gene Michael since 1997. :-)

9. March 6th, 2013 | 9:36 pm

LMJ229 wrote:

With all his tweeting, appearing on broadway, and pitching his juice partners, you’d think the wrist would have went much sooner…

10. MJ Recanati
      March 7th, 2013 | 8:36 am

Steve L. wrote:

You’re neither a pro athlete nor are you doing the rigorous work on a tee that Teixeira or other ballplayers are doing.

But at least I know that your new bête noire is Mark Teixeira. I’m sure he’s honored to know that he joins Brian Cashman, Phil Hughes, Curtis Granderson, Alex Rodriguez and CC Sabathia in the rotation of guys you hate for your own strange reasons.

March 8th, 2013 | 6:52 am