• Amber Is The Color Of The Yankees Energy?

Posted by on March 10th, 2013 · Comments (8)

When I woke up this morning, I saw that the Yankees Spring Training record, to date, is: 3-11

That’s not good, is it?

Comments on Amber Is The Color Of The Yankees Energy?

1. 77yankees
      March 10th, 2013 | 7:09 pm

Won’t mean a thing on April 1st….

Matter of fact, it doesn’t mean a thing on March 10th.

2. March 10th, 2013 | 7:20 pm

@ 77yankees:
      It’s getting close ‘tho. You don’t want to play “lose three out of four” baseball over the last two weeks of Spring Training. That’s not exactly the way you want to head into the season.

March 10th, 2013 | 10:12 pm

@ Steve L.:
      That may be true, but there really isn’t a correlation between spring training performance and regular season performance.

4. March 10th, 2013 | 10:30 pm

Raf wrote:

This then may surprise you:

5. MJ Recanati
      March 11th, 2013 | 7:52 am

@ Steve L.:
      That NYT study has a few flaws. This survey shows loose correlation effect between spring training and regular season but very little in the way of definitive proof that one means much to the other.

6. March 11th, 2013 | 8:20 am

All things said, as a fan, you’d rather see your team play well in the Spring than lose three-quarters of their games…esp. when there are questions around the team.

Yet, I do admit that the Yankees are not exactly running their A-team out there everyday yet.

The last two weeks of the spring is really a better snapshot to look at…

7. Evan3457
      March 11th, 2013 | 7:53 pm

Steve L. wrote:

The last two weeks of the spring is really a better snapshot to look at…

You can worry a little, if you want to. No harm in that. I wouldn’t read much into it at this point. But that’s just me. Also me is the fact that, as I said, I haven’t watched or listened to a game since the first one.

March 11th, 2013 | 7:59 pm

Steve L. wrote:

As a fan, you would like them to win every game. Realistically, you know that isn’t going to happen :)