• Braves, Rangers, Giants, A’s, Rockies And Red Sox

Posted by on April 24th, 2013 · Comments (9)

Which of these six teams has surprised you the most this year?  Which one do you think is the real deal?

It will be interesting to see if Texas-Oakland and Colorado-San Francisco battle it out all year.

Also, the Orioles are not that far off from Red Sox.  The Braves, however, are still waiting for the Nationals to wake-up.

Comments on Braves, Rangers, Giants, A’s, Rockies And Red Sox

April 24th, 2013 | 10:33 am

I’d say the Rockies have surprised me. But it’s still pretty early. The AL East was projected to be pretty weak this year, so I can’t say that I’m surprised by the Red Sox and O’s, or any AL East team for that matter. The Braves got themselves off to a nice start, the Nats, not so much.

2. April 24th, 2013 | 11:09 am

On the flip side, while it is early, the Dodgers and Blue Jays better get their fannies going. Ditto the Angels and Phillies.

3. MJ Recanati
      April 24th, 2013 | 11:39 am

Steve L. wrote:

I’d actually be fine if those four teams (especially the BJ’s and Halos) don’t get their fannies going.

4. April 24th, 2013 | 11:55 am

Still can’t root against Donnie Baseball, even if he is a Dodger now.

5. MJ Recanati
      April 24th, 2013 | 2:25 pm

Steve L. wrote:

Still can’t root against Donnie Baseball, even if he is a Dodger now.

I’ve got nothing against Mattingly, I just can’t root for the Dodgers under any circumstance.

6. April 24th, 2013 | 2:55 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

Even if they are playing the Mets or Red Sox? ;-)

7. MJ Recanati
      April 24th, 2013 | 3:18 pm

Steve L. wrote:

Even if they are playing the Mets or Red Sox?

OK, I do root for the Dodgers against Boston and the Mets (and the Rays/O’s/Jays).

But, generally speaking, the Dodgers have always annoyed me. I always hated Tommy Lasorda as a kid and I guess that dislike of the Dodgers has carried forward since that time.

8. April 24th, 2013 | 4:55 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

I always hated Tommy Lasorda

Good managers will do that. I hated Sparky Anderson ever since he dissed Munson after the ’76 World Series. And, it never let up. Even now that he’s dead, it hasn’t changed my opinion of him.

April 24th, 2013 | 7:19 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

LOL

I knew it was an act, so I took it for what it was. I know a couple of people who’ve met him and have nothing but good things to say about him. He’s a bit of a ham, so I guess he’s got that going for him.