• Cashman Forgot To Close With “Even More”

    Posted by on May 18th, 2013 · Comments (12)

    Comments on Cashman Forgot To Close With “Even More”

    1. MJ Recanati
      May 19th, 2013 | 6:30 am

      Although he’s being glib and lighthearted, this comment is nevertheless in poor taste.

    2. redbug
      May 19th, 2013 | 12:01 pm

      What an arrogant son of a rich arrogant man.

    3. Ricketson
      May 19th, 2013 | 12:20 pm

      Is Steinbrenner holding onto the Ben Francisco of M.L.B. G.M.s for the same reason?

      Not poor taste – poor character: yet another example of this a-hole making inappropriate comments about his own players. Francisco’s father didn’t get him to the New York Yankees – he did so on his own with a bit more talent than a Division III second baseman.

      If George Steinbrenner decides to sell the team in 1990, Cashman is delivering U.P.S. packages today as he had planned, while Francisco is still one of the top 1000 or so baseball players in the world.

    4. Evan3457
      May 19th, 2013 | 1:39 pm

      redbug wrote:

      What an arrogant son of a rich arrogant man.

      I didn’t know Cashman’s father was arrogant.

    5. Evan3457
      May 19th, 2013 | 1:40 pm

      Ricketson wrote:

      Is Steinbrenner holding onto the Ben Francisco of M.L.B. G.M.s for the same reason?
      Not poor taste – poor character: yet another example of this a-hole making inappropriate comments about his own players. Francisco’s father didn’t get him to the New York Yankees – he did so on his own with a bit more talent than a Division III second baseman.
      If George Steinbrenner decides to sell the team in 1990, Cashman is delivering U.P.S. packages today as he had planned, while Francisco is still one of the top 1000 or so baseball players in the world.

      Why would Steinbrenner have sold the team in 1990.
      And, how do you know he doesn’t get another job with the team, or with another organization?

    6. Ricketson
      May 19th, 2013 | 2:03 pm

      Evan3457 wrote:

      Why would Steinbrenner have sold the team in 1990.

      Hypothetical.
      Evan3457 wrote:

      And, how do you know he doesn’t get another job with the team, or with another organization?

      True. John Cashman might have been close personal friends with more than one M.L.B. owner or someone else whom he could have approached for a job for his son. But Francisco is still a part of this organization, and Cashman is still an a-hole.

    7. 77yankees
      May 19th, 2013 | 2:33 pm

      I’m surprised the tabloid hacks weren’t all over this more today, but they’re all in mourning over the Knicks I suppose.

    8. Evan3457
      May 19th, 2013 | 2:35 pm

      Ricketson wrote:

      Evan3457 wrote:
      Why would Steinbrenner have sold the team in 1990.

      Hypothetical.

      Then worthless, for all practical purposes.

      True. John Cashman might have been close personal friends with more than one M.L.B. owner or someone else whom he could have approached for a job for his son.

      Or, by that point in time, Cashman might’ve made some contacts on his own. Or not. We’ll never know.

      But Francisco is still a part of this organization, and Cashman is still an a-hole.

      And so are many of the fans that criticize him mindlessly. Not you, necessarily.

      ============================
      Yeah, he didn’t need to make that comment; it was smart-ass all the way.

    9. May 19th, 2013 | 4:39 pm

      The comment just proves that Cashman is stupid enough to read what the fans are saying about him in comment sections, and, so thin-skinned that he feels like he has to take a shot at them.

    10. MJ Recanati
      May 19th, 2013 | 8:22 pm

      Steve L. wrote:

      The comment just proves that Cashman is stupid enough to read what the fans are saying about him in comment sections, and, so thin-skinned that he feels like he has to take a shot at them.

      Actually this doesn’t prove that at all. All it proves is that you religiously stick to your talking points.

    11. Raf
      May 19th, 2013 | 9:40 pm

      Steve L. wrote:

      The comment just proves that Cashman is stupid enough to read what the fans are saying about him in comment sections, and, so thin-skinned that he feels like he has to take a shot at them.

      No, not really. Fans wish they were that important.

      Fact of the matter is no matter how hard you and others try to use pretzel logic, cherry picking, goalpost moving or whatever it is that you all use to try to discredit Cashman, to the point of absurdity, he is a good GM. When I wake up tomorrow, there is a pretty good chance that he will be the Yankees’ GM. I doubt that he’ll leave until he’s good and ready. There isn’t anything you, I or anyone else can do about it, except vent in comments sections.

    12. Greg H.
      May 20th, 2013 | 9:07 am

      Raf wrote:

      Fact of the matter is no matter how hard you and others try to use pretzel logic, cherry picking, goalpost moving or whatever it is that you all use to try to discredit Cashman, to the point of absurdity, he is a good GM. When I wake up tomorrow, there is a pretty good chance that he will be the Yankees’ GM. I doubt that he’ll leave until he’s good and ready. There isn’t anything you, I or anyone else can do about it, except vent in comments sections.

      So true.

    Leave a reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.