• Community Standards Reminder

Posted by on July 29th, 2013 · Comments (8)

WasWatching.com is dedicated to developing and maintaining a friendly online community where members feel relaxed and comfortable. Like any community, WasWatching.com has certain standards. Registered members who leave comments at WasWatching.com must agree to abide by these rules. Being a member of this community requires a considerate and respectful attitude toward fellow members. Repeated violations of these standards may result in a member being barred from leaving comments at WasWatching.com.

Disagreement, debate, and strong opinions are encouraged. Certain topics evoke strong passions, and WasWatching.com aims to provide a safe place for the free expression of those passions and differing views. Members must provide respect to other values, opinions, and ideas even if they strongly disagree with those ideas.

WasWatching.com registered members are not permitted to harass, bash or “flame” other members. Members must note that this also includes the posting of taunts to an entry solely for the purpose of deriding that entry’s topic and/or comments made to it other registered members.

For more on this, click here.

Bottom line, if you can’t play nice in the sandbox, you’re not going to be allowed to play in the sandbox, here, any longer. Thanks to all for their attention on this reminder.

Comments on Community Standards Reminder

1. KPOcala
      July 29th, 2013 | 1:33 pm

Steve, “Tuttle”, and “Lisaswan”, my apologies for getting too personal, or derogatory, yesterday. I almost got out of bed at 3:00 a.m. to write this. I’m especially embarrassed, as I have called out others in the past, over just this sort of thing. This blog has, over-all, the nicest people debating our common passion, The Yankees. Steve, is a class act, and I especially feel embarrassed that I was part of what made him write this reminder. And for anyone my age to be goaded into being insulting is truly inexcusable. In the future, should the salvos get going, I’ll write something to the effect, “believe as you will”, and depart the thread. God bless you all, and best of Life to All.

Again my humblest apologies,
      KPOcala

2. July 29th, 2013 | 1:43 pm

FWIW, I wasn’t trying to single out one person.

Truth be told, I don’t read all the comments left here. There’s no time for that. I skip through them, mostly.

And, I noticed a few people getting somewhat nasty and personal and not respecting everyone’s right to have an opinion. Thus, the reminder.

Again, it was an overall reminder. And, I am not pointing fingers at anyone since I do not read all the comments.

3. Tuttle
      July 29th, 2013 | 3:09 pm

@ KPOcala:
      No reason to apologize where it’s anonymous and not personal – it’s only baseball. I’m not offended by a sug-gestion from someone I’m unacquainted with that I haven’t finished high school; it’s all in good fun.

4. KPOcala
      July 29th, 2013 | 5:27 pm

@ Tuttle: Thank you for being so gracious! I got into a hyper-competitive “head”, and rather than go point to point with you, I lost my cool. As I wrote, I almost got out of bed to apologize, but figured I’d say something lacking nuance, and make it worse. Mind you, if we were buddies sitting around the table, I probably would have said something ridiculous, out of frustration. But you would have known that I was fooling around. I sometimes forget, with things like FB, or blogs, that people who “know” me, know that I’ll through hyperbole, or insults, just to see where/what the person knows, and if can “play”. But on the computer, I’ve come across as an ass. I was in fun, I’m glad you weren’t hurt/offended, and if I get going, give me a kick in the butt ;)

5. KPOcala
      July 29th, 2013 | 5:32 pm

@ Steve L.: Thank you Steve. I get passionate about a few things, Yanks being one of them! And if I get too ticked, I’ll call it a night. I don’t want to reflect poorly on your most excellent blog. Even when I think you’re, ahem, “off-base” ;) Now let’s see what miracle Cashman and The Captain can pull-off!

6. Tuttle
      July 29th, 2013 | 8:44 pm

@ KPOcala:
      I got a kick out of what you wrote – feel free to get going with me anytime; no problem.
      KPOcala wrote:

Now let’s see what miracle Cashman and The Captain can pull-off!

I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting on that miracle from Cashman.

7. KPOcala
      July 30th, 2013 | 11:33 am

@ Tuttle: That was cool. Now remember that!

8. August 12th, 2013 | 3:26 pm

Do I need to remind everyone about this again?