• HalfLiner Scorebook

Posted by on August 7th, 2013 · Comments (9)

This is really cool if you like to score professional games.  But, unless I am missing something, it’s not useful for youth leagues where they often bat more than 9 players in a line-up.

Comments on HalfLiner Scorebook

1. MJ Recanati
      August 7th, 2013 | 2:59 pm

I’ve actually seen someone use this at a game before and they’re really cool.

2. August 7th, 2013 | 3:04 pm

I know a lot of people use their iPads and things like GameChanger to track their games. But, I still like the old school scorebook and pen.

3. MJ Recanati
      August 7th, 2013 | 3:07 pm

Steve L. wrote:

I would never bring my iPad to the game. Too much fear of dropping it, of some schmuck spilling beer on it, etc.

I haven’t kept score in a number of years but if I did, I’d definitely do it with a book like that one.

4. August 7th, 2013 | 3:10 pm

@ MJ Recanati:
      Good points. FWIW, some use their iPhones and an app like iScore too.

5. MJ Recanati
      August 7th, 2013 | 3:13 pm

@ Steve L.:
      I’m an iPhone user and I love my phone but, honestly, when at a game I don’t want to have my face buried in my phone. I’m there to watch a game.

Sure, you have to look down to score a game so what difference does it make if it’s a phone or a book? The difference (to me) is that you write in the book and that’s it. With the phone, you’ll end up checking Facebook, sending emails, etc. and are suddenly not watching the game.

6. August 7th, 2013 | 4:30 pm

Fair point. I can’t say…since I still don’t have a smart phone.

7. 77yankees
      August 7th, 2013 | 9:21 pm

Used to love the red Spalding score books you could get at Herman’s Sporting Goods back in the day. Something just screamed professional about them.

Boy, there’s a 70s & 80s time warp for you. :-)

8. August 30th, 2013 | 9:32 am
    9. August 30th, 2013 | 9:34 am

Funny, looks like we’ve been talking about the death of scoring for a few years now: http://waswatching.com/2010/06/11/tally-yo/