• IMDB Top 250 Movies Of All-Time

Posted by on December 2nd, 2013 · Comments (15)

Some debatable choices on this list.

Comments on IMDB Top 250 Movies Of All-Time

1. December 2nd, 2013 | 3:35 pm

I got a 92

2. MJ Recanati
      December 2nd, 2013 | 4:43 pm

I got 93. There were some movies on there that I really should get around to seeing and there were some on there that, as you said, were rather debatable (and that I’ll never watch).

3. Corey
      December 2nd, 2013 | 5:04 pm

63. How does district 9 make this list? There’s plenty of movies that are missing.

4. KPOcala
      December 2nd, 2013 | 5:09 pm

Being that the website has a younger demographic (probably haven’t had time to get around to the classics), and also vote fresh out of the theaters, their voting is worse than the HOF writers ;)

5. MJ Recanati
      December 2nd, 2013 | 5:43 pm

@ KPOcala:
      Agree 100%. Some of the movies on the list are absolutely not list-worthy.

6. #15
      December 2nd, 2013 | 6:59 pm

Ahhhh… Patton anyone???

I’m a huge Pixar fan… All three Toy Story movies were pure gold…. But WALL-E? Really? I heard snoring during that one.

The list is flawed and slanted toward a Hollywood agenda.

7. December 2nd, 2013 | 9:39 pm

I thought I would do better, I only got 81.

8. Evan3457
      December 3rd, 2013 | 12:26 am

89 for me.

Any hot movie out in the last 3-5 years at any given moment makes their top 250 ahead of much better movies. Yes, the latest Batman trilogy was excellent, but only the 2nd one actually deserves the top 250, to pick just one obvious example. And it shouldn’t be #6.

9. McMillan
      December 3rd, 2013 | 12:51 am

#15 wrote:

Ahhhh… Patton anyone???

“Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!”

10. KPOcala
      December 3rd, 2013 | 1:00 am

@ McMillan: Hard to beat the movie, but that quote was a thing of Divine Inspiration. BTW, about a decade or so ago, I got to visit Tunisia, and stood where Patton (at least in the movie) was talking about ancient battlefields, and being there. I had the chills ;)

11. McMillan
      December 3rd, 2013 | 2:11 am

KPOcala wrote:

BTW, about a decade or so ago, I got to visit Tunisia, and stood where Patton (at least in the movie) was talking about ancient battlefields, and being there. I had the chills.

@ KPOcala:
      Very cool…

12. ct_chris
      December 3rd, 2013 | 11:32 pm

No idea who put this list together but miss a lot of great all time movies.
      First off no way is citizen kane should be 45. Also there is no world where shawshank redemption should be considered above godfather, casablanca, or raging bull.
      Additionally, where is mignight cowboy, E.T., snow white and the seven dwarves, sound of music, dances with wolves, american graffiti, patton, bringing up baby, beauty and the beast, doctor zhivago, goldfinger, hoosiers, shane, and titanic.

13. McMillan
      December 3rd, 2013 | 11:41 pm

ct_chris wrote:

No idea who put this list together but miss a lot of great all time movies.

I think it was Cashman…

14. ct_chris
      December 3rd, 2013 | 11:53 pm

If it was Cashman it would be #1 Avatar, #2 John Carter, #3 Lone Ranger

15. Evan3457
      December 4th, 2013 | 12:26 am

ct_chris wrote:

No idea who put this list together but miss a lot of great all time movies.

It’s done by vote of the members of IMDB.
      How do you become a member? Just create a free account. Or sign in with one of the social media thingies.
      Don’t like the list? Become a member and add your vote.
      It’s not worth it to me, but you might feel strong enough about it to join.