• Flowers For The Wife @ Introductory Press Conferences

Posted by on December 6th, 2013 · Comments (10)

It’s so stupid.

Comments on Flowers For The Wife @ Introductory Press Conferences

1. NC Yankee
      December 6th, 2013 | 10:25 am

Why is that stupid? I think it’s a nice gesture and I’m sure the ladies like it.

2. December 6th, 2013 | 10:37 am

NC Yankee wrote:

Flowers? Want to be nice? Give them some diamond jewelry with a Yankees logo. Donate ten grand to their favorite charity. That’s a gesture. What’s flowers, maybe eight bucks? Might as well give them a Dunkin’ Donuts gift card, at that rate.

But, seriously, why do you have to give the wives anything? Isn’t giving their husbands hundreds of millions of dollars enough?

Also, it sets a bad pattern. Start kissing the ass of a player’s wife on day one and she’s going to expect it during the whole ride there.

Enough with the player’s wives. They should be rarely seen and never heard. It’s baseball and about players. This isn’t a country club.

3. NC Yankee
      December 6th, 2013 | 11:07 am

I bet you’ve had a lot of luck with the ladies in you life….

4. MJ Recanati
      December 6th, 2013 | 11:43 am

@ Steve L.:
      Flowers are a nice gesture and I don’t see what the big deal is. It’s not about how much they cost — and incidentally flowers can run big bucks if you’re buying them from someone other than the bodega on the corner — it’s about simply telling a player’s wife that she’s acknowledged as part of the Yankee family.

How does it set a bad pattern? It’s not ass-kissing, it’s a welcoming gesture of friendliness.

5. December 6th, 2013 | 11:56 am

Flowers for players wives at this types of things is eyewash to me. Of course, that’s just IMHO. Others are welcome to disagree.

6. December 6th, 2013 | 11:58 am

NC Yankee wrote:

I bet you’ve had a lot of luck with the ladies in you life….

Married for 21 years now. (Got married at 29.) Thanks for asking.
      But, romance is another game. Are the Yankees trying to romance the player’s wife here? That’s just wrong.

7. NC Yankee
      December 6th, 2013 | 12:11 pm

You must have a very understanding wife if your motto is that wives should be “rarely seen and never heard.”

8. Corey
      December 6th, 2013 | 12:15 pm

@ Steve L.:
      8 Bucks? Where are you buying flowers?

9. December 6th, 2013 | 1:02 pm

@ Corey:
      typo. meant eighty

10. December 6th, 2013 | 1:03 pm

NC Yankee wrote:

I am not a major league player. You don’t get that? I have no fame for my wife to coat tail on, like many MLB wives do.