• What Do Expect From Mark Charles Teixeira In 2014

Posted by on December 12th, 2013 · Comments (8)

Let’s be positive and assume that Tex is good for 150 games next season.

Based on his recent performance levels, what do you think he’s good for in ’14?

On the bright side, all things considered, especially his home park, I think 30 homers is a reasonable expectation.

That’s the good news.

On the bad side, I think his BA/OBA/SLG line will be around .250/.345/.480 – at best.

How do you think he will do in 2014 for the Yankees?

Comments on What Do Expect From Mark Charles Teixeira In 2014

1. MJ Recanati
      December 12th, 2013 | 11:38 am

Steve L. wrote:

I think that’s probably accurate. Over 150 games, a batting line like that would be worth somewhere between 3-4 wins above replacement which would be better than the Overbay/Reynolds combo from last year.

2. December 12th, 2013 | 11:43 am

Speaking of Reynolds, I suspect the Yankees will bring him back and go with a platoon of Johnson and Reynolds at third – if Johnson is not the everyday 3B. Reynolds could also see time at 1B and DH as a back-up.

3. #15
      December 12th, 2013 | 4:31 pm

I think that’s about reasonable, sadly unproductive for a middle of the order swith hitter in many regards, but reasonable. .285/.355/.510 would be the upside but probably well beyond him at this point. If he drives in 110+ and plays his usually very sharp 1st base, that will be a huge improvement over 2013.

4. Corey
      December 12th, 2013 | 6:40 pm

@ #15:
      No way he hits .285. He has a swing that’s tailor made for the shift.

5. #15
      December 12th, 2013 | 9:30 pm

@ Corey:
      Sadly, he has devolved into that. That’s not the hitter we bought.

6. Kamieniecki
      December 12th, 2013 | 9:53 pm

#15 wrote:

Sadly, he has devolved into that. That’s not the hitter we bought.

The Dodgers wanted him in 2012, and his contract is a few million morefrom 2015-16 than the Rodrguez contract. That money could have been used for a lot of things, such as pitching.

7. KPOcala
      December 14th, 2013 | 4:03 am

If you hit .260/.335/.450, the Yanks would be delighted.

8. KPOcala
      December 14th, 2013 | 4:07 am

KPOcala wrote:

ou hit .260/.33

Sorry, that was should have read “If he hit, and I misread the actually heading,(thinking of an earlier A-Rod prediction). I’d say that, IF Tex stays healthy, he could through up a line of .280/.350./.510. Wouldn’t bet my house on it though………..