• Teixeira’s Stiff Wrist

Posted by on January 29th, 2014 · Comments (7)

Via the WSJ

Teixeira’s doctors have told him that it will take a year for the wrist to feel fully normal, and that the tightness will likely remain throughout. It should improve, however, with every therapy session he completes and every swing he takes.

“I’m expecting until June, and maybe even through this entire season, it’ll be a little tight,” Teixeira said.

Brilliant move. Lay the groundwork now for an excuse in case you stink during the first three months of the season. And, if you happen to play well, it’s a miracle! Hallelujah!

Comments on Teixeira’s Stiff Wrist

1. Scout
      January 29th, 2014 | 9:53 pm

Would you rather he lie and say he’s 100%? The question is whether the organization is prepared to let him produce Lyle Overbay-level results without having a plan to find offsetting production elsewhere in the line-up. And will the manager bat him 4th or 5th based on his name alone?

2. KPOcala
      January 29th, 2014 | 11:09 pm

Steve, you………..sound……….cynical. Keep it up ;)

3. KPOcala
      January 29th, 2014 | 11:27 pm

Off topic, but tangential to it. I rarely ever hear of scouts salary, and when I do read what they are paid, I wonder why some of those guys even do it, it sure as hell aint the money. It also makes me think of a word, “collusion”. But let’s go on without that thought. People in business, as has been noted on this site look for “market inefficiencies”. With that in mind, (and maybe they do) wouldn’t you think that the Yankees would forego a few million in horse feed, and pay the biggest salaries to the best scouts? I’m sure it’s hard to identify the younger guys, but I’d imagine that the middle-aged ones would jump like ticks to a dog to pull down six figure income, which (in theory certainly) would be a great way to find the not so obvious players in the draft. I see plenty of teams with good/great resources, that seem to constantly pull in the middle and late round “sleepers”. I don’t believe that it’s necessarily the GM’s acumen, but because of the scouting “team”. I never hear anyone talk about this approach, which makes me wonder what I’m “missing”. Anyone?

4. Scout
      January 30th, 2014 | 8:36 am

@ KPOcala:

I’m paid what I’m worth…nothing. :-)

5. KPOcala
      January 30th, 2014 | 1:54 pm

@ Scout:LOL!

6. Kamieniecki
      January 30th, 2014 | 9:58 pm

KPOcala wrote:

… wouldn’t you think that the Yankees would forego a few million in horse feed, and pay the biggest salaries to the best scouts?

Why not the best G.M., and Cashman can return to working with horse feed in Kentucky?

7. KPOcala
      February 4th, 2014 | 8:46 pm

@ Kamieniecki: Who’d you like? Duquette? Wren? Branch Rickey? :)