• What Does Michael Pineda’s Hat Say?

Posted by on March 23rd, 2014 · Comments (12)

Help me…I’m tilted…

Comments on What Does Michael Pineda’s Hat Say?

1. Greg H.
      March 24th, 2014 | 11:53 am

It says, “if I have a good year, we at least won the trade.”

2. March 24th, 2014 | 12:38 pm

Hate this guy’s body language, titled hat and monster fat gold chain. I don’t care if he wins twenty. He will be hard to root for, in my book.

3. NC Yankee
      March 24th, 2014 | 1:42 pm

Steve L. wrote:

Seems you always have issues with guys that seem a little “urban”?? What’s up with that? Heard these same type of remarks about CC in the past from you.

4. MJ Recanati
      March 24th, 2014 | 1:52 pm

Steve L. wrote:

I don’t care if he wins twenty.

Says it all about the kind of fan you are. If he wins twenty, the 2014 Yankees are probably one of the best teams in the game yet you won’t be able to root for one of the primary drivers of that success.

That’s just crazy to me.

5. March 24th, 2014 | 2:05 pm

@ MJ Recanati:
      One word: Joba.

6. March 24th, 2014 | 2:06 pm

@ NC Yankee:
      No issues with “Urban” (to use your word). Lots of issues with “hot dogs” to use my word.

March 24th, 2014 | 3:22 pm

I’m more concerned about his changeup than his tilted hat and gold chain. At least he showed up to camp in shape and has been throwing well this spring.

8. Mr. October
      March 24th, 2014 | 4:33 pm

It’s a reminder to himself: “BAC of 0.08% is DUI in FL.”

9. Greg H.
      March 24th, 2014 | 8:29 pm

@ Raf:
      Yes, yes.

10. MJ Recanati
      March 24th, 2014 | 10:55 pm

Steve L. wrote:

One word: Joba.

If Joba didn’t suck, I would’ve been thrilled. I hated his fat, worthless ass because he was terrible, because every time he came in, he’d walk a batter or serve up a homer. Back when he was lights out, I definitely didn’t hate him (and overlooked his annoying personality because he was performing on the field).

You, on the other hand, would find it hard to root for a 20-game winner, even though you don’t care for his style. Apples and oranges.

11. Evan3457
      March 25th, 2014 | 2:38 am

I only saw Pineda pitch in his start on Sunday against the Jays. Other than spiking the ball when he got the DP ball that got him out of the 2nd inning, I didn’t see anything to object to in his body language. Maybe I haven’t seen him enough.

In any case, if the Yanks make him the 5th starter, I hope he pitches well.

12. Evan3457
      March 25th, 2014 | 7:31 pm

Pineda named 5th starter:

Hope it works. We’ll see.