• Yankees Have Lost 8 Of Last 14

Posted by on May 4th, 2014 · Comments (9)

Looking more and more like an 87-win team, everyday.

Comments on Yankees Have Lost 8 Of Last 14

1. JeremyM
      May 4th, 2014 | 10:35 pm

Steve, I’m not used to you being this optimistic! 87 wins from this team?!?

2. May 5th, 2014 | 7:47 am

JeremyM wrote:

Steve, I’m not used to you being this optimistic! 87 wins from this team?!?

LOL. Well, if the rotation doesn’t improve, even that may be a reach.

3. #15
      May 5th, 2014 | 10:48 am

We stink right now. The Jeter-Beltran duo is killing us at the moment. Not getting much out of any of the starters except Tanaka. Bullpen is getting taxed too early in the season. Middling opposing pitchers are keeping us off the board — case in point, yesterday. That was a game we should be able to, and need to, win at home. Man, Beltran fell asleep on that inside the park homerun. That was a lazy play and it kind of iced the game. Can’t happen. Ever. Solarte has spark but is regressing to his mean. Still, I’ll take him over Nunez any day. News flash, Tex hit a ball to the opposite field – let the pigeons loose!Can we get that ball for him?

4. May 5th, 2014 | 1:10 pm

Beltran looks old, fat and lazy to me.

5. Mr. October
      May 5th, 2014 | 4:34 pm

#15 wrote:

Solarte has spark but is regressing to his mean.

“Yoenis Solarte,” as Suzyn Waldman calls him, is now at .289…

6. Scout
      May 5th, 2014 | 9:01 pm

I said 86-88 wins before the season, and I’m sticking to it. A mediocre record from a mediocre GM with a fat checkbook. I expect to see more fans jump off the Cashman bandwagon, but unfortunately the brothers Steinbrenner and Randy Levine won’t be among them.

7. May 5th, 2014 | 9:55 pm

There are a couple of things which if nothing else are interesting sidebars.

I always thought Yankee fans saw Brett Gardner through rose colored glasses. Ellsbury is the actual embodiment of what fans think Brett Gardner is.

Robertson looks like a guy who’s going to give the Yanks 25 to 30 saves tops, I don’t think he is cut out for the role of closer(way too many pitches).

Jeter has looked terrible at short all year, I think we will see some early exits from games the Yankees have leads in.

Can someone explain Larry Rothschild to me, you think about the Pineda pine tar mess, shouldn’t Pineda been working things like that out with Rothschild. Everyone keeps saying what a great coach he is, but I don’t see the results.

8. May 5th, 2014 | 11:38 pm

@ Joseph Maloney:
      Most of the Yankees coaches are a joke. Why does Kevin Long still have a job? If anyone read his book or watched his YouTube clips, and they had an good understanding of hitting, they would know he is a waste. Hard worker? Yeah, maybe. But, you can get anyone to throw soft toss all day.

9. Mr. October
      May 6th, 2014 | 1:11 pm

Joseph Maloney wrote:

… shouldn’t Pineda been working things like that out with Rothschild.

As far as Latin American Idle is concerned, maybe Rothschild tried