• Mo: Pedroia > Cano

Posted by on May 6th, 2014 · Comments (11)

Seriously.

Never saw that coming.

Comments on Mo: Pedroia > Cano

1. Greg H.
      May 6th, 2014 | 2:28 pm

No big deal. Mo’s just being honest here. I’d probably take Ratboy over Cano also – no-brainer if you figure in the contract.

2. Mr. October
      May 6th, 2014 | 3:33 pm

“‘Those teams of ours that won four World Series in five years would’ve hammered [the Marlins],’ Rivera writes of the team New York lost to in 2003 in six games… ‘They would’ve found a way and will their way through as a team…’”

Unfortunately, those teams went into a gradual decline that began on February 2, 1998 for some reason…

3. #15
      May 6th, 2014 | 5:51 pm

I have to admit… Wolfie is more my kinda player.

He makes the players around him better by his hustle, by the example he sets, and by the expectations for everyone else to do the same. Can anyone say that about Robbie?

4. redbug
      May 6th, 2014 | 6:01 pm

I’m w/ Mo on this. Pedroia is their Jeter.

5. Corey
      May 6th, 2014 | 6:43 pm

Let’s not be like the Red Sox fans and shit on our guy on the way out. We all know Cano was a better hitter and fielder, let’s not bs here.

May 6th, 2014 | 8:13 pm

Corey wrote:

Regardless, the Cano – Pedroia comparisons pop up every so often here;

7. May 7th, 2014 | 12:13 am

Rivera’s comments were on target. I thought the Yanks offer of $175 mil was too much, unless he changes the way he goes about his business, Cano is going to have problems as he gets older and his game starts to decline.

8. #15
      May 7th, 2014 | 11:03 am

@ Joseph Maloney:
      To be fair… Wolfie’s going to run into injury problems as he ages.

@ Corey:
      I guess what I’m saying is Pedroia’s “game” is easier to cheer for than Robbie’s “game”. The best scenario would be Robbie’s natural talent and Wolfie’s drive and leadership by example. Admittedly, that combo is very rare. Some names that might have that package… Brett, Jeter, Morgan, Trout could be that combo, Rose, although he got by with more drive and less talent, Thurman, Ellsbury perhaps, Cal, Schmidt, Alomar? Sandberg? Bench?

Also, for what it’s worth, NYY org guys I know say that, despite outward appearances, Robbie soils his undergarments in big situations.

9. Mr. October
      May 7th, 2014 | 2:01 pm

#15 wrote:

+1.

#15 wrote:

… NYY org guys I know say that, despite outward appearances, Robbie [is less than comfortable] in big situations.

Not necessarily surprising…

May 7th, 2014 | 9:19 pm
    11. OldYanksFan
      May 8th, 2014 | 6:33 pm

I understand what Mo is saying.
      So Let’s not ignor what Mo said:

“If I have to win one game…”
      ONE GAME.
      Yes… in one game, passion, the will to Win, can make a difference.
      But ask Mo who he rather have for 162 games.

Mo was trying to make a point.
      I don’t believe he thinks the Midget is a better overall player.