Just look at how the team is trending, in terms of results, over the last six years:
2009: Won the World Series
2010: Lost the ALCS.
2011: Lost the ALDS.
2012: Lost the ALCS, very badly – after just barely getting through the ALDS.
2013: Won 85 and missed the playoffs completely.
2014: On pace to only win 84 games.
The trend line here is going downward, no? See:
- In 2009, they were a powerhouse team who won 100+ games and a World Series ring.
- In 2010, they are a near 100-win team who pushed the ALCS to six games.
- In 2011, it was like 2010 – except that couldn’t get back to the ALCS.
- In 2012, they won a lot during the regular season. But, in the playoffs, they were one of the worst teams in the A.L. group.
- In 2013, they only won 85 games and deserved to win less.
- And, we know about this year…
Baseball is a results driven business, right? At some point, SOMEONE in the Yankees ownership team has to see this trend-line and make a change…or, is that never going to happen?