• Hello There

Posted by on December 23rd, 2014 · Comments (7)

200 days ago, I walked away from this blog. After 9 years and 8-plus months of doing it, for several reasons, it seemed like the time had come. (Besides, at one point, I was talking about 10 years being enough. So, I just got a head-start on my retirement.)

Do I miss it? Once in a blue moon, yes, something comes up where I want to write about it. But, for the most part, life keeps me busy enough to be distracted with things to fill my time.

In any event, since my exit was somewhat abrupt, I wanted to drop a post here…now…to share some thoughts. (Yeah, commas and ellipses! Did you miss them?)

I sincerely appreciate everyone’s interest over the years in what I had to share here. Well…most of it. Honestly, the trolls and trouble-makers weren’t appreciated. But, that’s the nature of the internet. And, I suppose you have to take the bad with the good.

It was a wild ride. I still cannot believe that I wrote about every freaking game from 2005 through 2009. What was I thinking? And, that whole SNY.tv thing from March 2008 through February 2010 seems surreal now – like it happened to someone else. (Actually, since then, it has…many times over.) I could add many more memorable milestones and events here. But, that’s all in the past.

I want to name a some faithful followers – many of whom were here for the whole run – with a shout-out now. Several of those who I had the pleasure of meeting in person and/or getting to know better on the side. But, there’s so many of you that I don’t want to run the risk of missing anyone. (Besides, you all know who you are!)

The blog was a great outlet for me to have fun writing. You guys and gals were something that I never expected. You also made this destination interesting for all those reading it.

I hope everyone has a great holiday season and best wishes for the new year.

Oh…and…thanks, for everything. If I live to be ninety, I will always remember that I once wrote a blog for nearly a decade and it was pretty popular at one time for a spell. Yeah, me – go figure!

Comments on Hello There

1. redbug
      December 23rd, 2014 | 7:06 pm

It’s good to hear from you, Steve!

It’s a blue moon and you feel like writing, I hope you will. As you can see, a few of us still post here. We (and others) miss you and each other.

To you and those who celebrate it, Merry Christmas! And, my best wishes to you and all for a very happy and healthy new year.

2. Evan3457
      December 24th, 2014 | 2:36 am

Hi, Steve.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Happy New Year.

==========================================
      We miss this, too. But if you’re happy, that’s good enough.

3. #15
      December 24th, 2014 | 11:07 am

Merry Christmas Steve. I miss both the random posts and the conversation on WW. I was reading the comments section below some ESPN articles a few days ago and the chatter, nonsense, high school name calling, etc… made me really miss the typically well focused exchange of Yankee-related ideas that WW offered.

I’m glad we got a chance to met face to face this year and hope to do so again. I’ll report from the front lines in a few weeks.

I’m going to continue to loop back pretty regularly. If the Yankees get off to a fast start, and/or are in 1st or 2nd place, and/or are in striking distance of a playoff run, I hope the conversation will… “Be like a Phoenix and rise from Arizona”.

I hope the guys that continue to post stick with it.

Healthy and Happy New Year to All.
      #15

December 25th, 2014 | 2:16 pm

Ya done good, Steve 🙂

Keep us posted on travel ball and coaching. There is a big conference in FL next month.

Merry Christmas to all!

5. December 26th, 2014 | 11:33 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Good to hear from you too!

I have to say, January through March, I spend 4 days a week with my son between his basketball stuff and travel baseball workouts.

And, from April through June, it’s more like 5 or 6 days a week on baseball between his teams. And, then, it kicks up again from September into the first week of November.

Really, the slow months for him are July, August and December. And, there’s no MLB played in December!

When I am not dealing with his practices or games, then I am usually doing stuff with my daughter and wife (and him). It’s just not the same as 2005 when the kids were 1 and 3 years old. LOL.

It’s all good. It’s just that times change. I just heard that NoMaas is No Maas. Sort of the same story – ten years later, life is different, the Yankees are different, and blogging in general is different. Like I said, times change.

Well, some things change. I really can’t stand Cashman. That’s a constant. I would love to see the Yankees make a change there!

6. Evan3457
      January 1st, 2015 | 12:24 am

Happy New Year to all who took part in Was Watching, past, present…and future?!?

7. redbug
      January 1st, 2015 | 11:05 am

@ Evan3457:

Happy New Year to you, too, Evan, Steve and all.

What do you all think of Refsnyder? Seems like he’s going to be given a shot at 2nd.