• Your Off The Mark, Teixeira

Posted by on March 2nd, 2015 · Comments (12)

From July 29, 2012 through the end of the 2014 season, Mark Teixeira has played in 165 games for the Yankees.

During that time, his BA/OBA/SLG line was .209/.306/.388 in 593 At Bats.

He will be paid $46 million by the Yankees over the next two years.

Comments on Your Off The Mark, Teixeira

1. KPOcala
      March 3rd, 2015 | 1:11 am

Wow. Rotate Refsnyder and Drew at first, Tex hitting off the bench…. Seriously, if he goes into the All-Star game with these ghastly numbers, hell, take a shot at bring up from the minors, and bench Tex. And Tex has been a Yankee favorite of mine, but….Hell, Jeter’s final 593 ABs would have to be better than that? No?

2. Evan3457
      March 3rd, 2015 | 1:30 am

Yep, Tex has done a lousy job for quite a while.

3. Evan3457
      March 3rd, 2015 | 1:31 am

Oh, and $45 million over the next two years.

A million here, a million there, and pretty soon, you’re talking about real money.

4. KPOcala
      March 3rd, 2015 | 1:49 pm

Evan3457 wrote:

Yep, Tex has done a lousy job for quite a while.

Bright side, maybe it’s been the wrist issue, (Ortiz, Bautista, et al) and he goes back to being closer to himself. It happens, and not just to non-Yankee players (the Yanks can’t seem to catch an injury break of late), Tex isn’t ancient, well, I guess we’ll have to wait and see………

5. LMJ229
      March 5th, 2015 | 2:21 pm

@ KPOcala:
      God I hope you’re right!

6. LMJ229
      March 5th, 2015 | 2:51 pm

You know the Yankees keep going on and on about how much money they are spending but most of it is dead money really. Texiera, Sabathia, ARod. They don’t sign a guy like Moncada because they have a budget. Well fans have budgets too. I hope they realize that the longer they keep fielding an uninteresting, average at best team the more they run the risk of losing revenue. Then they will really have a budget problem. George understood that you have to spend money to make money. I’m not sure his son gets that.

7. Evan3457
      March 5th, 2015 | 7:29 pm

LMJ229 wrote:

Yeah, not signing Moncada was a blunder.

8. #15
      March 7th, 2015 | 11:51 am

Is it just me or is Beltran looking more and more like Andruw Jones?

9. Evan3457
      March 8th, 2015 | 1:02 pm

#15 wrote:

Is it just me or is Beltran looking more and more like Andruw Jones?

I still think his poor year last year was caused by the elbow chips, which were caused by the fall over the fence in Tampa in April. I think if he’s healthy, he’ll be a lot better than last year. Not as good as his prime, but a lot better than last year. I’m thinking something like .270/.330/450.

10. KPOcala
      March 15th, 2015 | 9:49 pm

I’d like to see a story come out, “The Strange career of David Ortiz”. Nobody comes out and dares to say anything, but there IS something ‘skweyee going on’…….

11. Evan3457
      March 16th, 2015 | 5:02 pm

KPOcala wrote:

As Ron Shandler puts it with regards to steroids accusations: “If it waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck…it’s a duck.”

June 17th, 2015 | 12:56 pm

Putting up a .254/.368/.574 slash line so far. Not bad.