• The Yankees 100 Club

Posted by on April 12th, 2015 · Comments (7)

Yeah, I know…it’s early.

Pos Name Age G PA AB R H HR RBI BB SO BA
    1B Mark Teixeira# 35 4 20 16 2 3 2 2 4 3 .188
    2B Stephen Drew* 32 4 17 17 0 2 0 0 0 3 .118
    SS Didi Gregorius* 25 5 18 15 0 2 0 2 1 3 .133
    3B Chase Headley# 31 5 24 22 1 3 1 2 2 4 .136
    RF Carlos Beltran# 38 5 22 20 0 2 0 2 1 6 .100
    Provided by Baseball-Reference.com: View Original Table
    Generated 4/12/2015.

Comments on The Yankees 100 Club

1. Evan3457
      April 13th, 2015 | 2:29 am

All of 1 game early for Tex and Chase.

Here’s the Red Sox 100 club:
      Betts .192
      Ortiz .130
      Victorino .125

Not quite as large as the Yankees’ club. But then the Sox have an even more special club.

Here’s the Red Sox 000’s club:
      Napoli .053
      Hanigan .091

Here’s the Yankees’ 000’s club:

==========================================
      Too early. Too early.
      Ya think?

2. Evan3457
      April 13th, 2015 | 2:30 am

Jeez, was that too snarky? I didn’t mean it to be…

3. April 13th, 2015 | 12:25 pm

I was not aware of those Boston numbers. Geesh, that’s terrible news if you’re a Red Sox fan. Me? I’m a Yankees fan and I don’t care about Boston. 🙂

4. #15
      April 13th, 2015 | 3:39 pm

All these guys, with the exception of Drew, will be hitting their weight by May 10th. Okay, Ortiz may require a weigh-in to validate.

5. Evan3457
      April 13th, 2015 | 11:52 pm

Steve L. wrote:

This argument does seem familiar. As if we’ve had it before. 🙂

6. Greg H.
      April 15th, 2015 | 9:36 am

Tex showing veteran leadership – he’s leading the 100 club. I guess.
      Never mind the Orioles, at some point it’s worth wondering if the Yanks can beat the Thunder.

7. April 16th, 2015 | 11:12 pm

There was one game at the Stadium this year – can’t remember exactly when. Yankees were down by 2 in the 9th. Tex is leading off. NO OUTS. Again, 9th inning, down by two, no outs and Tex is leading off.

The defense had three infielders on the right side and the third baseman was playing deep near the 2nd base bag. (Tex as batting lefty.)

The ENTIRE LEFT SIDE OF THE INFIELD WAS OPEN. But, does Tex try and put the ball there, considering that his reaching base would great increase the Yankees chances of tying the game? Again, NINTH INNING.

Nope. And, he strikes out for the 1st out of the inning.

The guy is not a winning player. I laugh when O’s fans boo him for not signing there. They should be throwing him a parade for NOT signing with their team.