• 2015 Was The First Time In Over 20 Years Where I Did Not Attend A Yankees Game

Posted by on March 1st, 2016 · Comments (6)

This morning, I just realized it.

I had season tickets from 2001 through 2014.  So, if I was to go last year, I would have needed to buy a single game on its own.

In any event, this morning, I was trying to remember the last time I did not make a trip to Yankee Stadium during the season.   And, I can remember being there for particular games – for sure – prior to being a season ticket holder.  Recalling those, I suspect that it was probably the early 90’s where I went a full season and never got to a game.  Maybe it was 1994?  If not, it was around that time…at least 20 years ago, maybe more?

The better question may be:  When will I attend a Yankees game in person again?

Comments on 2015 Was The First Time In Over 20 Years Where I Did Not Attend A Yankees Game

March 1st, 2016 | 3:00 pm

I remember in a few threads you mentioning that attending a game was quite the undertaking. I can understand why you wouldn’t be able to attend, especially now that your children are doing their own thing.

It doesn’t help that the YS3 experience has been less than underwhelming the times I went. Seems to be more of a hassle now than ever.

2. March 1st, 2016 | 4:31 pm

Yes, part of it is personal. From April through July, my son is pretty much on a baseball field six days a week. And, since he’s just turning 12 and doesn’t drive, I am there when he’s there.

But, that said, even if I had the free time, it’s the cost of the new Stadium combined with the lack of feel at the new Stadium that just makes it not worth it.

3. Evan3457
      March 4th, 2016 | 12:03 pm

I was still going to 5-10 games a year. However, the new no printout tickets from StubHub policy is going to cut that to 1 or 2 times a year.

4. redbug
      March 4th, 2016 | 7:26 pm

I may go back after Arod is gone.

5. redbug
      March 6th, 2016 | 12:13 pm

@ Evan3457:

You could always buy via EBAY

6. Evan3457
      March 7th, 2016 | 4:07 am

@ redbug:
      I liked to buy hours before a game to get a better bargain. Can’t do that with physical tickets. Well, at least not as easily.