• Face It, A-Rod Is D-O-N-E!

Posted by on April 17th, 2016 · Comments (9)

In August 2015, A-Rod batted .153 in 99 PA. In September last year, he batted .224 in 114 PA.

This season, in the Yankees first 10 games, he’s batting .100 (in 35 PA and 8 games played).

They only thing that can save A-Rod now whomever’s next after Anthony Galea and Anthony Bosch.

Comments on Face It, A-Rod Is D-O-N-E!

1. ken
      April 17th, 2016 | 12:28 pm

I recall a few seasons ago when Big Papi had a horrible first 6-8 wks and everyone said he was done. Even the manager (I think still Francona) had his doubts. How’d that turn out? Looking at him so far this year you wonder why he is retiring (and we hope he doesn’t change his mind.)

Of course, different players, different ages, etc. But I’m not there yet. Give it till Memorial Day, which is when I think the first real assessments in MLB should be made.

2. redbug
      April 17th, 2016 | 5:47 pm

And of course he hits a HR soon after you wrote this.

Better living though chemistry.

3. LMJ229
      April 17th, 2016 | 11:04 pm

In 2014 the Yankees gave Alfonso Soriano 67 games and 226 ABs before they cut him loose. I would imagine that A-Rod will get at least that.

4. Evan3457
      April 18th, 2016 | 2:35 pm

LMJ229 wrote:

Yeah, at least through mid-May, possibly mid-June They’ll move him down in the order, they’ll give him more days of rest and move Beltran to DH and platoon Hicks and Ackley, but they’ll give him a decent while to get going.

5. LMJ229
      April 20th, 2016 | 6:48 am

I’m much more worried about Ellsbury than A-Rod. What a horrific contract that has become.

6. April 20th, 2016 | 7:45 am

Ellsbury is playing like a man who wants out.

7. redbug
      April 20th, 2016 | 10:09 am

I’m wondering if he needs glasses. He’s not geeting a read on those outfield plays.

8. April 20th, 2016 | 11:40 am

Pretty sure they check for that stuff at the start of Spring Training.

9. KPOcala
      April 20th, 2016 | 9:38 pm

BTW, isn’t it foolish that the Yankees didn’t trade Gardner to make room for the very talented Hicks? I’ve got the BLUES about this team. They better hope that someone forces themselves up from the minors. Otherwise…..