• Biggest 4 Game Series Of The Season Right Now?

Posted by on September 15th, 2016 · Comments (9)

Ya think?

Comments on Biggest 4 Game Series Of The Season Right Now?

1. redbug
      September 15th, 2016 | 2:53 pm

Yup. Then, if they do well, the next series is the series of the season.

2. September 15th, 2016 | 4:24 pm

Do they have to sweep in Fenway for it to be a success?

September 15th, 2016 | 11:03 pm

Aw, fck.

4. Evan3457
      September 15th, 2016 | 11:24 pm

Yes, this is the biggest series, but it’s more likely the end of the road.
      And I thought that before the 9th inning collapse.

Cessa and Mitchell in Fenway, not great.

The truth is, and has been obvious for some time. This team is slightly above average, and not a real contender. The last 6 weeks have been a lot of fun, and the promise of a brighter day, but really, they are what they are at this point.

5. KPOcala
      September 16th, 2016 | 12:39 am

Knew this “Day” would come, but it still sucks, deeply. After the Yankees didn’t put the axe to Boston in the eighth, I turned the game off. I knew the ending. Somehow.

6. Evan3457
      September 16th, 2016 | 3:19 am

KPOcala wrote:

Yeah. The gathering clouds were obvious.

7. Greg H.
      September 18th, 2016 | 8:56 pm

this is not the year. It was fun as hell, but this team is not ready to compete for a playoff spot . Next year, however…

8. Evan3457
      September 19th, 2016 | 4:41 am

Greg H. wrote:

I don’t think next year is the year either.
      2018, they should be legit contenders for a playoff spot.
      2019, if they sign the right free agents, they should be viable title contenders.

9. Greg H.
      September 19th, 2016 | 9:26 pm

Would really have liked to have won two of those Boston games.
      I’m hoping for Clint Frazier to break in next year.