• Yankees 2016 – History In The Making!

Posted by on September 28th, 2016 · Comments (8)

No, not Gary Sanchez…

The 2016 Yankees have a chance to become ONLY THE SECOND YANKEES TEAM EVER to have THREE players appear in 100+ games EACH and EACH have more strikeouts than hits. Yes, Chase Headley, Mark Teixeira and Brian McCann…we are watching you. (All Cashman imports, by the way and for the record.)

The only other time the Yankees did it? That would be that glorious 1990 squad with Steve Balboni, Jesse Barfield and Bob Geren doing the honors.

Comments on Yankees 2016 – History In The Making!

1. G.I. Joey
      September 29th, 2016 | 12:43 am

Cash import or not, it was cool watching what is possibly one of Tex’s last career HRs be a grand slam walk off against the Sox and preventing them from celebrating on our field. 2009 was cool too and doesn’t happen without Tex.

2. KPOcala
      September 29th, 2016 | 5:57 pm

@ G.I. Joey:It was even cooler that it was Tex’s first career walk-off HR, which is crazy for someone with his power. Tex is one of my favorite Yankees of the past 40 years, class act, funny, and a joy to watch at first base.

3. KPOcala
      September 29th, 2016 | 6:00 pm

Dig deep Steve, I’m sure that Cash had at least “some” influence in regard to Barfield, Geren, and Balboni being on That team. 😉 BTW, a few good players showed themselves this year, either by trade, or from the Farm who look like they just might be stars. And the Farm is by all accounts quite fertile. I forget, was Cash fired a couple of years ago, LOL!

4. Evan3457
      September 30th, 2016 | 3:35 pm

KPOcala wrote:

He did have one other walkoff in his career, and it was with the Yankees:

5. Evan3457
      September 30th, 2016 | 3:36 pm

KPOcala wrote:

Dig deep Steve, I’m sure that Cash had at least “some” influence in regard to Barfield, Geren, and Balboni being on That team. BTW, a few good players showed themselves this year, either by trade, or from the Farm who look like they just might be stars. And the Farm is by all accounts quite fertile. I forget, was Cash fired a couple of years ago, LOL!

Don’t count chickens before they hatch.
      The hard parts of the rebuild are still in front of this team.

6. Evan3457
      October 1st, 2016 | 2:22 pm

Yes, Tex is a Cashman import….8 years ago. He’s 36 now and playing hurt in every game. When you sign a guy to an 8-year deal, you have to pay him for all 8 seasons. That’s the way it works. And if you don’t give him 8 years, he doesn’t sign and play for the team during the good years.

7. KPOcala
      October 2nd, 2016 | 12:25 pm

@ Evan3457:Truer words….

8. KPOcala
      October 2nd, 2016 | 12:30 pm

@ Evan3457:Yep, I should have qualified that statement that it was his only regular season walk-off, which is still almost “bizarre”, all things considering. I wonder how many players with even 200 hundred hits never had a walk-off? Just crazy how those things go… Of course, unless my mind is totally gone, twenty years ago I don’t remember anyone really talk about walk-off numbers. Probably some genius at ESPN 😉